Executioner vs swamplite vs mudlite...

Deanoxc

Reaction score
Time for new skins, 800 outlander. Thinking of going 27-10-12 front, 27-12-12 rear.
Kind of narrowed down to these three. Snow and swamp, and trail riding.
Any suggestions??
Thanks

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a big fan of swamp lites, I am running the same size your looking at, very happy with the results.

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
I've never ran any of these tires, but I've herd from freinds who have had them, that swamps, and mudlights don't clean out very well in mud, so from that I'd pick executioner's, but I would really consider zilla's, they are a better tire IMO.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on swamplites and they work very well for me.....Very happy with them so far!!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never ran any of these tires, but I've herd from freinds who have had them, that swamps, and mudlights don't clean out very well in mud, so from that I'd pick executioner's, but I would really consider zilla's, they are a better tire IMO.

My main riding buddy runs Zilla's and he cant go where I can go. Then again he rides a 700 griz so that may explain it. Either way for the type of riding the OP stated, Swamp Lites are a perfect match. A very nice tire and priced very well.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has Executioners on his Outlander and they work good in the summer, but in the winter they freeze rock hard and can't go no where. I have 27" mudlites XTR and not overly happy with them.

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised you decided on 27's, myself I'd go with 28's on your 800.

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id take swamp lights over the mudlights any day , but there both pretty low on my tire choice .(im assuming your talking about the regular mudlight not the xtr )

the executioner i havent owned personally , but i know that they measure short, ride rough at slow speeds, and wear like iron . probably the best choice out of the three

tvdave

Reaction score
I have owned both swamp lites & mud lites. I would never buy mud lites again due to having constant problems with them (3 buddies had them at the same time & had major issues as well).the swamp lites I was extremely happy with, but was told not to put them on a big power machine, due to them being fairly soft & wearing out quick. That was told to me by approx 5 quad tire dealers. That was going to be my first choice for tires until I heard that. I ended up putting on ITP 589's instead. They are great tires in the summer, but not real great in the winter.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just go Zilla`s they are superior to all 3 of the above.............
Swamplites : Owned them once, never again !! They are terrible at speeds on hard surface as the tread blocks tend to roll because of their depth. This causes them to dart all over the place,very unstable at speed and they are a very wobbly tire,that because of poor quality is out of round most of the time...........Average trail tire,at best .Brutal in mud as they do not paddle to push mud out away from the tire path,and do not clean out in sticky mud at all.Worst sand tire,i have tried...........No bead rim protector,as well.

Mud lites : why bother....................

Executioners: Pretty aggressive tire,almost like an outlaw light....lol . HEAVY ,though.This tire will transfer shock to your CV`s abundantly,as their is little flex in it. Chews pretty good,lasts for ever as stated. Very good sidewall strength and rim guard.Ride rough and like said above to HARD for snow cold.Not the best riding trail tire. Good on a side x side,for durability.However,if you are going to put up with the weight/rough ride,why not just go outlaw/silverback..........??

Just buy Zilla`s they are the best all around tire by a wide margin.......................JM2C

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
Just go Zilla`s they are superior to all 3 of the above.............
Swamplites : Owned them once, never again !! They are terrible at speeds on hard surface as the tread blocks tend to roll because of their depth. This causes them to dart all over the place,very unstable at speed and they are a very wobbly tire,that because of poor quality is out of round most of the time...........Average trail tire,at best .Brutal in mud as they do not paddle to push mud out away from the tire path,and do not clean out in sticky mud at all.Worst sand tire,i have tried...........No bead rim protector,as well.

Mud lites : why bother....................

Executioners: Pretty aggressive tire,almost like an outlaw light....lol . HEAVY ,though.This tire will transfer shock to your CV`s abundantly,as their is little flex in it. Chews pretty good,lasts for ever as stated. Very good sidewall strength and rim guard.Ride rough and like said above to HARD for snow cold.Not the best riding trail tire. Good on a side x side,for durability.However,if you are going to put up with the weight/rough ride,why not just go outlaw/silverback..........??

Just buy Zilla`s they are the best all around tire by a wide margin.......................JM2C
those were the same complaints my buddy had with them, lol, if I didn't know better, I would say it was my buddy who wrote your post.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 30 inch ZILLA is the best all around(not pure mud tire) tire i have ever owned,it has size, is light and handles great. PLUS ,it does not tear the chit outa things.....That being said,MUD Bugs are a VERY close second..........
And big horns,are a fantastic tire,with a slightly different purpose than the other two.............

Last edited:

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zillas are sh!t. Get mud bugs. Out of those three I'd go executioners. But then again if I was going executioners I'd just man up to outlaws.

Sent from my pimpin iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How can you say Zilla`s are crap ? Have YOU OWNED any ? They are light (the lightest) ,tough, ride great,clean out well ETC. I also have owned mud bugs ( LOTS) ant countless sets of zilla`s. I would take the zilla`s over bugs,but both are great....imo .Put some 30 zilla`s on your grizz, will walk circles around your 27 outlaws...........
Mud lites are crap, zilla`s not so much...........lol

Top Bottom