Everything BaoFeng & VHF Radios

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might want to go back a reread some of the boring post, the Zastone A-19. Tomorrows test will tell it all. However my mind is made up... i am thinking this dam thing is a 20 watter.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure the weather had some effect, the tk-780 could not hear the boafeng after 3k, but the baofeng heard hear the kenwood for 5k. The zastone was 6k out sending and receiving. I have two more test now. Zastone to kenwood and Zastone to Zastone….tomorrow. I know my kenwood reaches out 10-20k truck to truck. Hopefully the zastone to truck does the same.
How many watt is the Kenwood?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can one of these vhf radios connect to a scala rider headset frequency?

I have a blue tooth adapter that connects my SENA headset to the radio.

It works but gets annoying if there is lots of chatter or static bursts.

I just use a shoulder mic with the radio mostly.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to say 35-50 watt but after looking it up it is 25 watts. But it works pretty darn good I hear traffic back 50k at times.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zastone to truck radio 6k send and receive. Zastone to Zastone 8k send and receive. Zastone was inside two walls of a house. Coming back I had both the zastone and the kenwood on, Zastone received better than the kenwood on a logging channel!!. I had a magnetic roof antenna installed on the zastone. Just buy one Skegpro.

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wholly crap that guy shipped me more of those things. 1.5 hrs from order to ship time. Hopefully there some left for you guys.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're is best place to purchase one of these zastones..

this is last week we were sledding in Revy and we were not able to talk 4K apart in bolder.. This was from a 5 watt baufang to a 8watt baufang.. So little disappoint to say the least..

as we drove back home we could talk line of sight up to 10k but in mountain terrain less than 2k it seams.. Looking for a longer distance.. Will battery last a full day?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No clue yet on battery life, I suppose you could turn down the power. ebay.com radio8688 is were I got mine

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X-it are you using the antenna that came with the Zastone A-19 or a different one? And what kind of a mic connection is it? Same as the 2 prong Baofeng or is it a multi pin type connection?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

this is last week we were sledding in Revy and we were not able to talk 4K apart in bolder.. This was from a 5 watt baufang to a 8watt baufang.. So little disappoint to say the least..

as we drove back home we could talk line of sight up to 10k but in mountain terrain less than 2k it seams.. Looking for a longer distance.. Will battery last a full day?

Humm I dont know which antenna those radios have, when out group split up one day at xmas one group went to eagles and we were on frisby, the group in eagles had no problem hearing me call out to my brother.
These beofeng radios have so many features like squelch control and power level.
Not all channels produce the full wattage either.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you have the long anttenna I would say the power level is turned down on one of the radio or just geographically communication was impossible.
Cause 4k isn't much of a.challenge for these radio's.

More watts may solve the problem.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shoot I ordered a ton of these things, you could fit 3 baofengs in one of these Zastone boxes. Do not expect to use chirp

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my radio on hi output, the 8watt had the long antana, very foggy and snowing like hell, bit we both tried all day trying to find one another and no luck, we both heard another party talking about same topic, but could not talk to one another.. Hopefully this new 10watt will

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A magnetic roof antenna works good for all the radios, best antenna out there imo. I have done a lot testing on radios lately including the 10 watt tyt. Nothing has come close to the Zastone. If you just have to use chirp which I would not. It will load up with wouxun KG-UV8D. Other than that there is a download from Zastone extremely hard to find, Pay attentions to those red arrows on the link how to switch to English haha.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zastone has a two prong baofeng type connection for a mic, no more waterproof with this removed. It says you must have a 10watt antenna, I just used 771 and ut-106. I was using a bridgecom mic as one of the Zastone ptt switch as issues. So far the bridgecom mic is a darn good one ….60 bucks though.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has any found an reputable sell for these zaztone units? Don't really wanna buy a whole second radio to get a spare battery.

I was kind digging the TYT cause you could buy them from radio oddity.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say 6 watts in my real world testing. Their software is amazing though. At 5k range the GT-5TP out performed the TYT.

Last edited:
Top Bottom