etec turbo videos in some sweet conditions

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if anyone has any doubt about FredW,s track speed maybe get ahold of Stingslikeabee out of Idaho heard he rides a fair bit with Fred :)

I think you mid understood me. I'm not doubting Fred's claim in track speed one bit. I've rode good working turbo's with a 3" and I know what the get for track speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I think you mid understood me. I'm not doubting Fred's claim in track speed one bit. I've rode good working turbo's with a 3" and I know what the get for track speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was actually making a joke about Fred's alter on Snowest...Anyway from what I have seen first hand, the TSS turbo makes much more track speed than a Aero turbo.

Stinglikeabee might disagree, but I have seen it first hand.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as i said before, i had nothing to do about what was clamed on snowest, and still feel your involved in it... maybe i should sell the mod fuel boxes as well... as for track speeds, last time we were out with a bd pro making 9 lbs, it was not close, as for the tss making bigger track speeds than the aero, their kits must of came a long way since i drove it last... and 7lbs to 7 lbs i would put my money on the aero, and thats first hand

NM

Reaction score
as i said before, i had nothing to do about what was clamed on snowest, and still feel your involved in it... maybe i should sell the mod fuel boxes as well... as for track speeds, last time we were out with a bd pro making 9 lbs, it was not close, as for the tss making bigger track speeds than the aero, their kits must of came a long way since i drove it last... and 7lbs to 7 lbs i would put my money on the aero, and thats first hand
Don't flatter yourself...I could really care less what your agenda is. I actually find most of your posts kind of humerous because of the blind loyalty, oh sorry I mean brand loyalty.
And just so you are aware, Garrett makes more than one turbo. The Garrett that Boondocker uses is way to small for the canadian snow conditions and creates way to much heat.
Most people would be blown away if they rode a 2 stroke with the properly sized turbo. The brand new Garrett GTX that we use on our Pro turbo works much better then our Aero 66 and spools way quicker and smoother.
Kyle climbed every chute in Monster bowl with his TSS etech turbo. I didn't see any Aerocharger etechs climb anything, so let us all know when you are going to give them a try because I want to come watch.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if i will be making my way down their anymore this year, might be next year... so what track speeds is kyle and and your kit making, what boost...you seam to have alot of exspeience in turbo sizes for your first year... the bd kit i seen had 80f intake temps at 9lbs, not something i would consider hot... baker said tss was changing their air/water box??

NM

Reaction score
not sure if i will be making my way down their anymore this year, might be next year... so what track speeds is kyle and and your kit making, what boost...you seam to have alot of exspeience in turbo sizes for your first year... the bd kit i seen had 80f intake temps at 9lbs, not something i would consider hot... baker said tss was changing their air/water box??
Track speeds are not relevent and i think for people to compare them is insignificant. It's like saying your pickup gets 25 mpg. Can it get 25 mpg...sure, does it do it on a daily basis...not a chance.
The max recall on the speedo is the best scam I have ever seen. If you hit a hard patch or ice, the speedo will spike and give a false reading.
There are soooo many variables in track speed that it is not a fair number to use. I raced a very fast Apex with my Pro in setup snow and we were dead even, but if we raced in 2 feet of pow then the Apex would just drive away. It's all about the tourque.

Intake charge temps are all relative to engine load and time, meaning how deep the snow is and how long on the gas. A bigger turbo will not create near the heat in deep snow as a small turbo. In lean snow it really doesn't matter, just like the comparison of the 4 stroke to the 2 stroke. It's all about load and tourque.
The trick is to get a big turbo to act like a small turbo on the bottom end, and the brand new GTX Garrett does that. Kyle Micku and myself had the first two GTX turbo's in Canada in the new smaller size.
The other variable is intercooler efficiency. There is no chance of having real power on long pull in deep snow without a good intercooler. It all goes back to load and time. With no intercooler in setup snow, you would probably never see a huge difference in charge temps, but put it in deep snow and hold it wide open for 20-30 seconds and the charge temps skyrocket. I have seen over and over.

Micku's have changed the location of there water to air heat exchanger but they are not removing it.

How long we have been testing means nothing, it's all in the results.
Just for the record I have over 20000 kms seat time on turbo sleds so it's not my first rodeo.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, track speeds mean nothing.... your smoking something good then...lol, i am guessing your poo is not the highest.... track speeds mean everything, great indication of hp, and getting it to the track(similar to pin weight in a primary)... the maximum speed is the best indicator a sled can have when used correctly, it follows boost in accordance very well

who the hell hits a icy patch up a hill...lol have you ever seen how long it takes to get up to your maximum speed, take a look once, not a quick as you think... a sled running 50mph will not beat a similar sled doing 60, that i promise

now for your no chance of making good power with out a intercooler, your still thinking 4 stroke again, you might be suprized how well a proper sized turbo will in its correct maps effeiceny will keep charge temps in line, and this is why sometimes more boost does not make more power, i have done pulls well in excess of a minute wot and still pulling full rpm at the top, with just over 100f charge temps and with out a intercooler

NM

Reaction score
wow, track speeds mean nothing.... your smoking something good then...lol, i am guessing your poo is not the highest.... track speeds mean everything, great indication of hp, and getting it to the track(similar to pin weight in a primary)... the maximum speed is the best indicator a sled can have when used correctly, it follows boost in accordance very well

who the hell hits a icy patch up a hill...lol have you ever seen how long it takes to get up to your maximum speed, take a look once, not a quick as you think... a sled running 50mph will not beat a similar sled doing 60, that i promise

now for your no chance of making good power with out a intercooler, your still thinking 4 stroke again, you might be suprized how well a proper sized turbo will in its correct maps effeiceny will keep charge temps in line, and this is why sometimes more boost does not make more power, i have done pulls well in excess of a minute wot and still pulling full rpm at the top, with just over 100f charge temps and with out a intercooler
I thnk the poo makes reasonable track speed, but I do not know what it is. It's good enough to climb these hills in decent snow though. To my knowledge it is the only Polaris to climb them in decent snow or at all.
There has been a 2 stroke Doo up these hills too, but it sure didn't have a Aerocharger non intercooled turbo on it. Unless you climbed them when no one was looking?
Yamafest 2012 Boost It Pro - YouTube
boost it sleds in irmens arm - YouTube
Yamafest 2012 Bullpen action - YouTube

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit I know very little about turbo's ,BUT I can tell ya those BOOST IT sleds rip Keep up the great work NW ,Fred your sled looks like it works great to that i've seen in other vid's ,but way diffrent riding style.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those hills are nice and steep, but short in the wot department, a non intercolled sled would work fine, not sure if we were up them or not, baker had taken us to some, there is also good pulls in montana as well...

not sure when , but i will set something up with the boys, in that direction and let you know when were are comming

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like a challange Neil, Lets just go wait in revy so we don't miss them by chance!!!! Its been known to happen now and then...

• Thanks

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those hills are nice and steep, but short in the wot department, a non intercolled sled would work fine, not sure if we were up them or not, baker had taken us to some, there is also good pulls in montana as well...

not sure when , but i will set something up with the boys, in that direction and let you know when were are comming

Nice and steep. LOL Sorta the same as your video fred of you running up the middle of the draw poaching all the way.. Just wear tighter shorts and shut your eyes fred, your BOYS will get thru it. LOL.

NM

Reaction score

Ok I'm not saying there are any holes in your story, but inquiring minds would like to know something.

Wide open throttle well in excess of a minute at 64 mph track speed would be over 1 mile or 1.6 kms or 5280 ft. So lets assume that you are spinning and your ground speed is 30 mph, but hey it's still well over a minute, so your ground covered at 30 mph x 1 minute WOT would be about 1/2 mile or 800 metres or 2640 ft? So full RPM at the top would mean that this is a hill you just climbed that is over 8 football fields long and it took you a minute? Or as you say well in excess of a minute.

I have to honestly say that I have never held my sled wide open for anywhere close to that long.

Either I'm really confused or the hills in Montana are big! lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen those chutes in Revy firsthand and watched those high hp Yammies sometimes struggle with them. If that boosted Pro is slaying them then thats all I need to see. I'm a believer! Lol.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah I seen the boost-it box when i was in revy I think you guys were with TSS testing the proclimb turbos out. These things flat out work!!! I like what you guys have done with the controller and the features it has good job. myself I ride lots of trees and never go into the pulls but i've seen the vids and seen these sleds in person and the throttle response is mind blowing for a turboed 2 stroke i wish i had the money to get one it would make that new xm of mine that much sweeter!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i will look for a few videos of longer pulls, i was on one a few weeks back in carbondale, in three feet of new stuff, from what i was told and how long it felt, it was over a minute, but battery died on camera so no video

did another longer pull back in turtle in nov, i had it on snowest, did another in keystone with baker, will look for those vids

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding, maybe 4 inches of fresh, why would you even post those as a comparable to the videos of actual deep snow performance. Christ I'm surprised you didn't have to run scratchers up the hill on snow that hard. No friggen wonder you get big track speeds.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with the snow conditions but as far as track speed if that sled is making 60+ mph track speed something is wrong. When you watch other sleds climbing in deeper snow and steeper conditions they are moveing alot fast up the hill.
In this video sled just about came to a stop on one part of the hill and it isn't near as steep as some other video that has been posted by NM.
FILE0029.MOV - YouTube

I think alot of lugs are missing on Freds track. LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom