etec turbo videos in some sweet conditions

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO, track speeds are always king of the hill as long as it can be sustained as NM says. But it is only king of the hill if the chassis is setup correctly. i too could testify to this comment and so could many others.

isnt this why everyone buys a clutch kit... to get higher & more consisntant track speeds... hell thats why i reclutch all mine.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
IMO, track speeds are always king of the hill as long as it can be sustained as NM says. But it is only king of the hill if the chassis is setup correctly. i too could testify to this comment and so could many others.

isnt this why everyone buys a clutch kit... to get higher & more consisntant track speeds... hell thats why i reclutch all mine.
I should have been more clear when I said track speeds were not worth talking about. Of course track speed is important and more is better, but I mean why start comparing speeds when everybody rides in different conditions. I can change my track speeds run to run just by hunting around a bit for traction. The point is some people will throw out a number, and realistically who cares what that number is. Hard snow= more track speed and soft snow = less, so why even use a number then brag how great it is.
If a sled is making massive track speed, then it is probably in snow where a stock sled can go anywhere.

And just for the record, I don't care how Fred's sled compares to mine. It makes no difference to me whatsoever, so no I have no interest in stomping his E-Tech! lol

noob

Reaction score
Where is stinglikeabee at Freddy. Maybe he has some gay vids he can post up these Steeeep 3-4 foot deep hills all while taking 4-5 swipes to clean his helmet cam off and stop 3-4 times on each climb and start up again. That's pretty dam impressive. Nm since your hills aren't nearly as bad ad Freddy's you should stop and go on your chute climbs like he does and take the time to clean your helmet cam off. Lmao. You should watch what vids you post Fred. Ain't very impressive.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anytime you want to compare let me know, be a good laugh...

davidbaron

Reaction score
Thank you for your honesty about your growing pains, it is a lot easier for the rest of us to get into a turbo etec because of guys like yourself. Good job Fred, enjoy your sled.

Last edited:

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 - would like to see that sled running in same conditions against NM's sled to make the claims being made here. Honestly these vids looked like a stocker when you compare them to vids from Yamafest a few weeks back and how fast the TSS crew and NM were coming up those hills on boosted 2 smokes.

NM - second sled up (0:44s) - one steep chute boost it sleds in irmens arm - YouTube
NM climbing in the SB - sure its packed but there's no comparison for ground speed to other vids posted here - he's moving! Yamafest 2012 Boost It Turbo over Sugar Bowl - YouTube

Is there anything particular great about a turbo yammi climbing sugar bowl?A 1000 rt will go to the right around the rocks cutting its own track??The other shoot now thats different?

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there anything particular great about a turbo yammi climbing sugar bowl?A 1000 rt will go to the right around the rocks cutting its own track??The other shoot now thats different?

? .... The Pro was moving tho - I think stock 1000rt not so much...

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should be with 300 hp on hard pack??? A stock 800 will go up the same hill??And I was referring to the yammi and the sugar bowl.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should be with 300 hp on hard pack??? A stock 800 will go up the same hill??And I was referring to the yammi and the sugar bowl.

If your referring to the Vidio of the sled in Sugar bowl in your quote - that's a Turbo Pro Rmk not a Nytro,not that it really matters.
Yes a stock 800 will climb it but way less track speed than that Pro that's for certain :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom