error code

Rej

Reaction score
I got a apex lt-x 09 and when the engine is cold I got 2 error code 15 and 84, I think it the TORS system or something like that so if it that how can I fix it!!!

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, code 84 is TORS, the yami throttle override system. Their are two switches on your machine, one at the throttle and one and the throttle body. If only one is tripped (or closed) your rpms are limited to 3500.

Are you boosted? This can cause code 84 if TORS isn't by-passed. Boost without blow off or increasing throttle return spring tension can cause the throttle bodies to be held open for a moment after letting go of the throttle. Also, a too tight throttle cable can cause it as well. Also snow and ice in the throttle block can cause it.

Code 15 is one of the pressure sensors I believe. You can use the diagnostics mode to check the readings. The two sensors should be equal when the machine is not running. If your stock then the sensor measuring pressure d/s of the throttle body will read lower if you turn the motor over (again, if I remember correctly you need to do this without starting the engine so disconnect the electrical connector to the fuel pump - it's by the TORS connector under the cowling).

good luck!

Rej

Reaction score
ok thank, all my sled is stock so im gonna check the throttle body the sled have been sit for about 10 month because here in quebec we just get some snow this week so i dont no if it the problem because the sled wont run for a while!!!!

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's all stock it's posible for the cable housing to pop out of the cable holder down at the throttle bodies. I've had that happen before, easy fix.

Top Bottom