error code

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys,i was out riding the other day and my grizzlys check engine light poped on, then my power steer light also came on, then when i shut off the quad and tryed to turn it on it would not start and i got an error code of 46 were the od is suppose to be :rant:
does anyone know what the 46 means? thanks!

found the codes

Attachments

• scan1.jpg
    scan1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 56
  • scan2.jpg
    scan2.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 58

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
my eps light has turned on before but only if is gets really wet or snow packed and in a few seconds it turns off. Did you get the problem fixed ?if so what caused it?

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after looking at the codes and doing some trouble shooting through the book,it told me my crankshaft pos sensor/stator was defective

it was not charging my batt,there for the eps was sucking my batt dry and putting on the eps light
maybe on yours there is water getting into the wires were there connect to the eps unit? does your give you an error code too or just the light comes on ?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
No error code just the light turns on for a few seconds then turns off.I guess i should,put some di electric grease on it.,.Did you put a meter on the positive and see how much it was charging?Like find out that is is not charging the battery enough

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya it the book it says its suppose to be at 13 i got 11 but i just tested it again this morn and i am getting 12 and a half, i am thinking there is junk in the the wires, just need to grease them

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well it was a little more than i thought,mmm i smell toast! :realmad:
i wonder what would cause the stator to burn out like that ?

Attachments

• IMG_3605.jpg
    IMG_3605.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3607.jpg
    IMG_3607.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 57
Top Bottom