Y2y can beat it and stay in the USA
did they ever think that there’s to many
wolf out there now a days
they got to eat something
so eazy to blame the motor sports for the problems

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm shocked no one from here has posted their point of view in the comments on the article.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They say it’s from not have there habitat protected. The problem is it’s to protected! The wolves and other predators are out of control!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grizzly bears , cougars , wolves and let’s protect everything and then wonder why the dumb ones get eaten ??
Unbelievable how stunned people can be ?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the caribou need body guards... just throwing it out there. They are being bullied any Y2Y volunteers?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny to me that the North side of top of Kootnenay pass has been off limits to sledders for years and there have been a couple of transplants of animals to that area and they numbers are still falling. Sounds like the environmentalists are the ones that have failed and not the government, after all, the greenies are the group that spearheaded the transplant and forced the closures. Now they have the gonads to finger point.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its not the caribou... its the diet they eat. we take that away or transplant them somewhere they dont have the correct diet they will always die off

"Wildsight said the southern mountain caribou, a unique ecotype who live in the inland temperate rainforest of B.C.’s southern interior, feed exclusively on tree-growing lichen in the winter and need old growth forests to survive."
In the article it states that the lichen on old growth trees is needed to survive. What that says is the government is at fault for allowing these areas to be removed.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing I dont understand with this stuff is how they can make completely false claims, and there not be any kind of repercussion for it? How can they keep claiming that snowmobiles are creating access for predators, when this clearly isnt true? Isnt this fraud?

Im disappointed with our provincial snowmobile organization for never having a rebuttal for this type of misinformation, or better yet to go on the offensive. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Im sure I read somewhere that the "mountain caribou" isnt actually a species. That they are basically the same caribou that wondered off from the NWT (where they thrive). So they really arent at risk, just the ones that are trying to survive in an environment that doesnt suit them. Why doesnt the BCSF write articles like this to highlight how much of our tax money is being squandered on ridiculous lost causes like this. Put the total number spent in terms of how many hospital beds, classrooms, road repairs, etc they could provide and Im sure you would see public opinion change.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 to go and problem solved. We can move on to the next "species of convenience". The attack on us will never end.

Absolutely it is definitely clear the North side of Kootenay pass is closed due to caribou so how can they justify not opening it again when all the caribou are gone?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely it is definitely clear the North side of Kootenay pass is closed due to caribou so how can they justify not opening it again when all the caribou are gone?

It’s like trying to get a tax reduced or removed once it’s implemented though. Once it’s there it’s tough to get it removed.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing I dont understand with this stuff is how they can make completely false claims, and there not be any kind of repercussion for it? How can they keep claiming that snowmobiles are creating access for predators, when this clearly isnt true? Isnt this fraud?

Im disappointed with our provincial snowmobile organization for never having a rebuttal for this type of misinformation, or better yet to go on the offensive. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Im sure I read somewhere that the "mountain caribou" isnt actually a species. That they are basically the same caribou that wondered off from the NWT (where they thrive). So they really arent at risk, just the ones that are trying to survive in an environment that doesnt suit them. Why doesnt the BCSF write articles like this to highlight how much of our tax money is being squandered on ridiculous lost causes like this. Put the total number spent in terms of how many hospital beds, classrooms, road repairs, etc they could provide and Im sure you would see public opinion change.

X2
Where is the BCSF?

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing is also, do you think predators just shut it down killing prey during the summer months? No they kill even more in late spring during calving season and summer.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
X2
Where is the BCSF?

The BCSF has done their part. They have had meetings, have the real science, and presented this many times. People in government (the bureaucrats) aren't listening. The bureaucrats have an agenda and that is to listen and respond to the non-motorized segment. The caribou have been used as a species of convenience to forward their agenda. With the NDP in power, this is only going to get worse before it gets better. To get the information regarding what the BCSF has done, one has to attend meetings and get involved. The next species of convenience (as seen in Montana), when the caribou are gone, will be the wolverine. I have personally come across CO's researching wolverine travel around Garibaldi Provincial Park up on Brohme Ridge (out of Squamish in the Sea to Sky corridor) right next to a great sledding area.

moyiesledhead has put in endless hours/days/weeks/months/years pursing some type of management plan to no avail. He has stories about the nonsense that would curl your hair.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The BCSF has done their part. They have had meetings, have the real science, and presented this many times. People in government (the bureaucrats) aren't listening. The bureaucrats have an agenda and that is to listen and respond to the non-motorized segment. The caribou have been used as a species of convenience to forward their agenda. With the NDP in power, this is only going to get worse before it gets better. To get the information regarding what the BCSF has done, one has to attend meetings and get involved. The next species of convenience (as seen in Montana), when the caribou are gone, will be the wolverine. I have personally come across CO's researching wolverine travel around Garibaldi Provincial Park up on Brohme Ridge (out of Squamish in the Sea to Sky corridor) right next to a great sledding area.

moyiesledhead has put in endless hours/days/weeks/months/years pursing some type of management plan to no avail. He has stories about the nonsense that would curl your hair.
When did going to the government ever get anything accomplished? Go to the people and media/social media outlets. Use the same tactics as the greenies and get buy in from the greater population that has no stake in the game but through small numbers can apparently greatly influence government via public outcry. Squeaky wheel gets the grease it seems.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When did going to the government ever get anything accomplished? Go to the people and media/social media outlets. Use the same tactics as the greenies and get buy in from the greater population that has no stake in the game but through small numbers can apparently greatly influence government via public outcry. Squeaky wheel gets the grease it seems.

Exactly what i was thinking. You can work with the bureaucrats all you want, but at the end of the day they cater to the masses. We need to launch a proactive campaign to influence the masses. Like the bullchit article above but in reverse.

Top Bottom