Entertaining rescue

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this just a Sask thing, I just got back from rescuing a few buddys from a back road that they were stuck on, a few wobbly pops might have been involved , It is -38 and i did what any good buddy would do, Start up hunting truck ( It wasn't very happy with me cuz it wasn't plugged in ) But i know it will go through almost anything,,, 100 ft of towstrap and a lot of hard hits ( those that have done it know what I am talking about ) and they are on there way. I know in this world we live in now this is very much frowned upon, but around here it is way more casual, good or bad thing in your opinion?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Is this just a Sask thing, I just got back from rescuing a few buddys from a back road that they were stuck on, a few wobbly pops might have been involved , It is -38 and i did what any good buddy would do, Start up hunting truck ( It wasn't very happy with me cuz it wasn't plugged in ) But i know it will go through almost anything,,, 100 ft of towstrap and a lot of hard hits ( those that have done it know what I am talking about ) and they are on there way. I know in this world we live in now this is very much frowned upon, but around here it is way more casual, good or bad thing in your opinion?
Was a fairly common occurrence when I was growing up in Manitobahstan. But, like you said, it's not acceptable behavior to most people nowadays. 🙄

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Backroad Saskatchewan? How many people are they possibly going to kill? Just because the government deems it illegal doesn't mean it's wrong 😏

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Honestly, I'd be more worried about them being out at -40 on blown on back roads and likely getting into a predicament over the booze cruise aspect of it.... ch!t can go sideways in a hurry in these temps..

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Some of my best memories are that exact thing!

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We didn't wear seatbelts and a lot of young men died rolling pick ups on the gravel roads, summer and winter usually with a beer between thier legs, we all did it.
One guy I met, all f'ed up crippled, missing fingers/toes, walked wierd....you know frostbite . I asked, he told...killed his buddy and walked towards a barn light for about an hour he figured, walking falling, crawling anywitchway he could just to get there. Heck of a story.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We didn't wear seatbelts and a lot of young men died rolling pick ups on the gravel roads, summer and winter usually with a beer between thier legs, we all did it.
One guy I met, all f'ed up crippled, missing fingers/toes, walked wierd....you know frostbite . I asked, he told...killed his buddy and walked towards a barn light for about an hour he figured, walking falling, crawling anywitchway he could just to get there. Heck of a story.
That is a good story. Reminds me of my buddy nick. Stepped on a land mine back at kojima. Lost his legs and his private parts.

He never was the same after that...

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Growing up in the West end of Edmonton, before anything west of 199st was ever developed, we would grab a couple of refreshments and go play out back. Until we were all stuck. Then the soberest one had to ask the nearest farmer for a pull and we do it all over again.
It was a blast and kind of a way of life back then. I'd probably do it now too LOL

Thread back on topic :D

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Growing up in the West end of Edmonton, before anything west of 199st was ever developed, we would grab a couple of refreshments and go play out back. Until we were all stuck. Then the soberest one had to ask the nearest farmer for a pull and we do it all over again.
It was a blast and kind of a way of life back then. I'd probably do it now too LOL

Thread back on topic :D
Oh. Wasn’t a lot of people that did that in that area. We may know each other. My brother and I used to keep all those fields open with our beater cars. We put wicked tires on the back and four guys and we would smash out all the fields between Devon and 199th St. Tons of places to park ,drink and smoked up. Three passengers could bounce and lift and turn around the four-cylinder mustang in the middle of a field with a little bit of lifting and shoveling. Then back out on your own tracks

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It can go sideways lol. Had a buddy hit the ditch in the snow after a few, called a few other buddies to see who would come. Another buddy of mine shows up first hooks up a rope and starts pulling. We show up and at this point are just an audience. Cops show up next, just by pure bad luck, and are less than impressed by the levels of intoxication, pulling truck facin the wrong way, and of course icing on the cake, improperly stored firearms and ammunition. (No trigger lock on a .22 in the back window and a cup holder full of ammo). The fact that nobody ended up in jail speaks volumes to small town rcmp. A couple of tickets and a “leave these trucks here until morning”.
That’s just small town life I think in almost any province.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cops followed me home mid October from my cousins.
Clocked me at 100 down the highway and 85 down the gravel road, I was in my SXS.....lol
Didn't know they were even behind me.
Got out by shop and WTF, bunch of red and blue flashers behind me, little bit of siren too.
My mother was not so happy and my younger brother pissing his pants laughing and yelled from the garden -"this is just like the 80's".
Cops chased me a fair bit back then.

Not tickets at all, I think he thought the old guy is never gonna learn.
Not even that bad of a lecture really.
But a pretty pissed look and "what is the matter with you!"
Asked me if it was legal to drive it on the roads, I said "I think we both know the answer to that"
Basically said keep it in the ditch and left.

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh. Wasn’t a lot of people that did that in that area. We may know each other. My brother and I used to keep all those fields open with our beater cars. We put wicked tires on the back and four guys and we would smash out all the fields between Devon and 199th St. Tons of places to park ,drink and smoked up. Three passengers could bounce and lift and turn around the four-cylinder mustang in the middle of a field with a little bit of lifting and shoveling. Then back out on your own tracks
Too funny..... A good friend of mine lived on a acreage on 209st and 45 ave. We would meet at his house and go from there. On the sober weekends, we would blast through the reserve and then drink later for not getting caught LOL.

Top Bottom