Enough with the snow dance already

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Whoever is doing the damn snow dance focusing on Revy, take a break for a few days. Just got back and we needed a skid steer to clean out the driveway of our sled house, street is 1.5 vehicles wide and you can't see cars coming out of driveways. Frisby on Saturday was just right. 3 to 4 feet of new on a nice base, decent light, only went about 10 K pas the first cabin and then played all damn day in the cariboo areas. Now before you start the whining about sledding in environmentally sensitive closures etc, the areas are still open until January by agreement with forestry. Boulder on Sunday was crazy. Snowing like a pig, 4+ feet every where. First time I have ridden in 20 years with snow to the handlebars on level ground. The sled just looked like a bulge in the snow under your hands, video snow +. Once in a lifetime day, if it had been sunny, I could say I had found nirvana. Oh well there is always next weekend.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Actually the Revelstoke Snowmobile Club, Snowmobile Revelstoke Society and Great Canadian Snowmobile Tours negotiated with the Ministry of Enviroment and had the closure dates changed for Mtn. Caribou habitat closures on Frisby, Sale and Keystone to now be in effect Jan. 1- Apr. 15 each season.

Snow something like this?

I`ll take a couple days off from the dancing, my feet are sore.:D

Here are a couple more from the last 2 days, click on the pics. to enlarge them.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Yes, just like that. Your efforts to bring sanity and a great outdoor experience to Revy are appreciated. Especially by old guys like me. I rode Boulder and Frisby in the bad old days before good grooming, wood in the cabin, a voice in the constant closure issues. Some of the younger crowd still don't get the "pitch in" thing yet. Had to organise a wood splitting and carry party at Boulder on Sunday. Who helped? A couple of female club members and a couple of older non members. Oh well, they'll learn.

See you in a couple of weeks PP.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dam that looks like nice snow i should just about go out to revy instead of hunters rage who knows maybe next time hows the snow in sicamous??

Top Bottom