Enjoy Life, Be Safe

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Had an incident this morning that could've changed my life more then it already has. In the split second it took to occur. Just thought some might be interested to read about something that happened to someone on the forum. I'm not one to be posting about my personal life but might be an eye opener that life can change in a minute because of something that's out of your control. I just pray that I'm not taken out of sledding for the season....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you alright? i assume you are the truck driver? this kind of crap seems to be happening way to much lately! vehicles can be fixed, thank your lucky stars it wasn't worse. someone may be looking out for you, :)

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
4B8E0FA2-5081-4092-ADD6-CA712CC07461.jpg

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
12F2E1B6-EB5B-4BDC-9865-40382CCA16B0.jpg

And my truck just rolled over 200,000km on Monday.. won't find another 2006 Duramax like mine for sale anytime soon....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no not likely, your alive though, grab a cold drink and sit back relax. truck will get replaced, and bad guys are in custody, bad girl, likely soon also. this kind of crap shakes the crap out of a guy! been there more times than i'd like to remember!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks guys, the car was stolen, the cops told me. I seen them when I was just entering the intersection, my turn to go into work was like 50-75 feet past the intersection so I was slowing down. I seen the car and they were doing almost what seemed highway speeds, because by the time I seen them, they were already in front of me it felt like. Both of my air bags went off, which stink so rank, I hope I never smell another's one again. But I was headed "eastbound" contrary to what the report says for some reason, and they were going so fast, they had enough power to turn my heavy diesel truck, with a slip tank of diesel around 180 degrees to look where I came from, with a tiny Ford Fusion... thankfully the Tim Hortons is right on the corner and a bunch of people seen and saw the people bail out. A co worker of mine was at tims getting a coffee and on his way opening the door on his truck one of the suspects tried to steal his truck, so he ripped him out and did some WWE moves, and to my best description it had to have looked like this, until the cop ran to him...
wwe-finishing-moves-1.jpg

jbrow

Reaction score
I feel your pain about your truck! I'm rocking the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well my hearts broken lol. Because they took my truck. But so far my lower back is pretty stiff that's it. Maybe a little pain but nothing to really need anything for. Tomorrow will tell though how bad I'll be.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my hearts broken lol. Because they took my truck. But so far my lower back is pretty stiff that's it. Maybe a little pain but nothing to really need anything for. Tomorrow will tell though how bad I'll be.

Did you get transported by ambulance?

Have you gone to emergency to get checked out?

You need to get this documented by a Doctor. Insurance coverage will need a medical report if you want off work coverage due to the accident.

Also a year from now something may occur and flair up the injury. It can be from the incident.

Glad your doing ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Did you get transported by ambulance?

Have you gone to emergency to get checked out?

You need to get this documented by a Doctor. Insurance coverage will need a medical report if you want off work coverage due to the accident.

Also a year from now something may occur and flair up the injury. It can be from the incident.

Glad your doing ok.

EMS was on the scene. Checked me there, I was feeling alright said I would find my own way to hospital. Didn't want the waaahhhhbulance bill lol. They did check out the one guy from the car who was beat up pretty bad.

Went to emergency and got checked out, X-rays and everything documented.

I hope there's nothing to reoccur.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get yourself to the hospital, insurance should pay for all your bills. get checked out!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
get yourself to the hospital, insurance should pay for all your bills. get checked out!

Did already, spent 5 hours to get X-rays. Good ole Canadian health care.

Supposedly nothing broken or anything, I asked for MRI/cat scan but I'm just a equipment operator.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EMS was on the scene. Checked me there, I was feeling alright said I would find my own way to hospital. Didn't want the waaahhhhbulance bill lol. They did check out the one guy from the car who was beat up pretty bad.

Went to emergency and got checked out, X-rays and everything documented.

I hope there's nothing to reoccur.

Lol

Bill would be covered by insurance and probably 350.00.

Top Bottom