Enclosed Trailer Project

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about spray in box liner for the flooring? Or the stuff that you can apply yourself like the HERCULINER? just an idea

2500 bucks is out of my budget for the floor...by about 2400$...LOL

i will end up using the diy herculiner or totem sells a rubberized/waterproof grit paint for a reasonable price.

problem is it only comes in grey which isnt really my thing. ooooooo well it will be mostly covered with superglides and tie down tracking anyways

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2500 bucks is out of my budget for the floor...by about 2400$...LOL

i will end up using the diy herculiner or totem sells a rubberized/waterproof grit paint for a reasonable price.

problem is it only comes in grey which isnt really my thing. ooooooo well it will be mostly covered with superglides and tie down tracking anyways
Ya I never considered the price... Sorry man, totally agree. HERCULINER should do the trick though, hey?

Cameo

Reaction score
you could try Gater Guard from Napa, I used it in my little truck box trailer I built, worked good, but it took 2 cans to do a long bux under the rails. it is durable. for the checker plate, is there a metal supermakets around there

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright i need some advice on the lighting.

12v will be the only power source i will have. and ive learned that no matter how many 12v camper lights i install the light still sucks. ive been doing some reading and aparently high efficiency 12v flourescent tubes are the way to go?

any thoughts...

looks like a few of your trailers have tube lighting but i cant tell if its 110v or 12v.

Burns

Reaction score
What about LED lighting? Can install a hell of alot more running on way less power?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i went to an rv store. ( should have done this from the start) and got hooked up with 4 flourescent tubes 12v and a bunch of small recessed LED lights. now using way less power and making better light...although more expensive ill be much happier with this rather than the canadian tire princess auto setup i had before.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 12V flourescent tubes in this rig at work, they seem to be always burnt out. Not sure if its due to bouncing down gravel roads or what but they seem to be expensive to replace. We are looking at going to LED lighting.
OFC 003.jpg

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow a usefull post from teamgreen...LOL.

ill give these a shot. they make an LED replacement tube so each time one burns ill replcae it with an led tube.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For your kickplates, look into FRP panels. They are tough, acid resistant and come in different colours. Check out Sabic polymershapes in the west end of town. If you need glue, I probably can get you some for free.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow a usefull post from teamgreen...LOL.

ill give these a shot. they make an LED replacement tube so each time one burns ill replcae it with an led tube.

whatyoutalkinbout? I make useful posts all the time, usually with my extensive knowledge of useless crap.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i went to an rv store. ( should have done this from the start) and got hooked up with 4 flourescent tubes 12v and a bunch of small recessed LED lights. now using way less power and making better light...although more expensive ill be much happier with this rather than the canadian tire princess auto setup i had before.

How are the 12V Fluorescent Tubes for cold starts? I have 120V Fluorescent tubes in my enclosed trailer. They take about 20mins to start when it's cold out. There should be some pretty good LED products out there that will provide a ton of light.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 flourescent tubes 12v and a bunch of small recessed LED lights.

Curious what exactly you ended up with there. I want to upgrade my 12v lighting as well.... Google will get me led bulbs, but wondering what you went with?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went with 4 single 12" fluorescent tubes. and 5 led spot lights in the ceiling just in case the florescent dont light up in the cold like maierch said. haven't tried it yet. hasn't been cold enough. either way i can replace the tubes with LED tubes.

heres what we have done so far.

walls done and insulated, floor coated 2 coats of duplicolor truck bed lining, stereo done, lighting done, systems done, e tracking installed, superglides started, just need to finish off the roof now.

305883_10150327722318112_515398111_7937969_251931969_n.jpg

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went with 4 single 12" fluorescent tubes. and 5 led spot lights in the ceiling just in case the florescent dont light up in the cold like maierch said. haven't tried it yet. hasn't been cold enough. either way i can replace the tubes with LED tubes.

walls done and insulated, floor coated 2 coats of duplicolor truck bed lining, stereo done, lighting done, systems done, e tracking installed, superglides started, just need to finish off the roof now.

View attachment 110303
coming along nicely.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking good. I don't really need an enclosed, but after looking at all of the nice builds, I'm thinking I might get one.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for lights as well, debating between LED and puck lights. neither are very cheap. LED seem to run around 50.00 a foot.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody has answered about what is the best material or where to get the panels for interior walls. There is an insulation board that I use lots and is half the prices as the standard 2 x 8 ft board. These come in a 4x8 and is anywhere from 1/2 to 2" thick and is way better r value. Rona sells it and is the one with foil on both sides. I use the 1" one and is 6.5 r-value so the 1 1/2 should be like r10. Great post Thanks

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for lights as well, debating between LED and puck lights. neither are very cheap. LED seem to run around 50.00 a foot.

What about the led string lights with 3m tape On the back if you got some white ones would be bright

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 110303

Hi Sean,

Your roof panels are in so you can get that trailer finished before the snow flies!!! Give me a ring when you have a chance sir :beer:

Top Bottom