Enclosed trailer opinions

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all, happy new year!

I'm thinking about picking up an enclosed trailer for quading/ hunting i am just wondering what your opinions are about the different manufacturers. Any advice about the pro's and con's you guys have experianced would be appreiciated. I am thinking something 16-17' plus the v nose, tandem axle.

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 28 wells cargo and i love it. pulls awesome, built well, looks clean and finished tight. its a little big at times but thems the breaks!! i would go with a wells, interstate or some or the more prominent names out there,jmo!!

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure to get it with a heater...kind of a pain to rig it all in yourself after the fact and without one its just an icebox on wheels during the winter...lol.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
I have a 14' enclosed V Nose tandem trailer and it's awesome. Mine's a Wells Cargo Motorcycle trailer and doubles as a sled trailer for me in the winter. Pulls great with my diesel and hauls up to 3800 lbs.

Dunno if I'd worry about the heat and the bells and whistles unless you plan on living in it. I use mine for hauling toys and it does that real well.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you got the $$$$ get the heated unit it sure is nice if you break down and have to start wrenching it's very apprecaited...:twocents:, cheers:beer:

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all, happy new year!

I'm thinking about picking up an enclosed trailer for quading/ hunting i am just wondering what your opinions are about the different manufacturers. Any advice about the pro's and con's you guys have experianced would be appreiciated. I am thinking something 16-17' plus the v nose, tandem axle.

I,m looking at the same thing. Charmac makes a nice unit very similar to Wells Cargo priced more reasonable. As far as a heater goes They are very expensive from factory. I am going to plumb propane into the unit with a mounted bottle and I have a small space heater I will mount. Good Luck and Cheers...

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all, happy new year!

Sofa king,
Are you looking for a new one or used one? I have a 2007 Halmark that might be for sale. Send me a PM and I can send you more details if interested.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a buddies 2007 Wells Cargo 19' with heat, pick it up this coming weekend on way to valemount cant wait lol. Beautifull trailers

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a charmac 27 foot, put shower,fridge and furnace in it. Works great for hunting.

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you want a once in awhile heater, just get a radiant (single or double) that directly mounts to a propane bottle. i stick mine in a milk crate and then put it on top of another crate, works good for cheap and also gets it cooking in the tlr quicker than my flat wall mount.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sofa king,

I am a Legend All Aluminum Trailer dealer in Edmonton. I sell many different models but one of my best sellers for the Hunting, Quading crowd is a Flat Top V-Nose model. Most popular sizes are 7 X 17 or 7 X 19 and sell for with the options shown in the pictures for $7500.00 17' and $8300.00 19'.

Attached is a link to my manufactures website if you would like to snoop around or give me a ring. I have these 2 units and more in stock.

Cheers!
Ron Paradis
780-970-4940

P.S. Great Screen Name!

Attachments

• FTV 7X17 WHITE #2.jpg
    FTV 7X17 WHITE #2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 111
  • FTV 7X17 WHITE #3.jpg
    FTV 7X17 WHITE #3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 222
  • FTV 7X19 PEWTER #1.jpg
    FTV 7X19 PEWTER #1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 113
  • FTV 7X19 PEWTER #2.jpg
    FTV 7X19 PEWTER #2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 119
  • FTV 7X19 PEWTER #3.jpg
    FTV 7X19 PEWTER #3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 229

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are installing a heater? does the trailer have to be insulated. wont condensation form and prematurily rot the wood inside the trailer. i was thinking of installing a heater in my pace american also.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are heating an enclosed especially with snowmobile applications they should be insulated and well ventilated or all that moisture will be absorbed into you walls. "But heres the other side of the coin" I have a alot of customers who don't like to insulate there trailers for hunting ( and they heat them) used 1 or 2 weeks a year because the rest of the winter they are like ice boxes getting no heat transfer from the exterior sun and there is lots of transfer through an un-insulated wall. So for us sledheads it's an easy decision to insulate but the other guys maybe not. Just my :twocents: on what I have observed.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mxz800x,

You can still run a heater just make sure you ventilate it so the moisture can escape rather than closing it up tight, that's when problems start. It also depends on how much you are running a heater, if its 10-15 days a year it's probably not worth insulating.

Top Bottom