Enclosed Trailer Brands

Squiggy

Reaction score
I am considering buying an smaller enclosed trailer (2-3 sleds). With all the different brands and price ranges out there, it can be a tough decision. I'm hoping to get some feedback on what people have bought and what persuaded them to buy the trailer they did. Also looking for an idea on brand quality (ie. haulmark vs wells cargo vs triton vs ???? etc.). Thanks.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I am considering buying an smaller enclosed trailer (2-3 sleds). With all the different brands and price ranges out there, it can be a tough decision. I'm hoping to get some feedback on what people have bought and what persuaded them to buy the trailer they did. Also looking for an idea on brand quality (ie. haulmark vs wells cargo vs triton vs ???? etc.). Thanks.

Depends on what kind of quality you want. Stay away from Mirage.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'd suggest taking a long hard look before laying out the cash, maybe take a creeper and look underneath at welds, wiring etc. check axles, for weight capacity, get the next size larger as they will bend, same for tires etc. don't take the sales guy's word for anything, weigh it empty so you know what you can haul. if they squawk at any request look elsewhere.

friggin salesman tell you anything.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah do your homework, sometimes you find a better deal used........ but* look around at the dealers and get a firm hard quote on paper with all colors etc., so if it takes you* a few weeks to decide you don't get the old ahh it's our last silver one and it has magic wind paint that makes it* way more than what I qouted you deal.

Squiggy

Reaction score
Good advice. Wind paint must increase mileage!! Any thoughts on which brands? Are they all on fairly equal playing ground? Is there something one particular brand does that makes them a better trailer without breaking the bank?

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm about to order a Legend Trailmaster from Firefly. I should have the deal done by the end of the week. For a new all aluminum trailer the price can't be beat. I've heard nothing but great things from others on this site that have a Legend trailer. Firefly is great to deal with and very helpful. :beer:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Yup we are super happy with our Charmac. Great price, heavy duty 6000lb axles and well built. A big improvement over our older Haulmark.

Attachments

• Vale Dec 10 002.jpg
    Vale Dec 10 002.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 508
  • Vale Dec 10 011.jpg
    Vale Dec 10 011.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 506
  • Vale Dec 10 010.jpg
    Vale Dec 10 010.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 507
  • Vale Dec 10 012.jpg
    Vale Dec 10 012.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 509

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have the 2 sled aluminum Triton I bought last year and I LOVE IT! You can use it for quads too. It's light and sturdy and I pull it with a Jeep Grande Cherokee with no problems ever. Even with two sleds in it there is still lots of room for bags, gas cans, etc. just saying...

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too , am shopping for a new Trailer !!!! Soooooo many choices !!!!

Been looking at an aluminum trailer (Mission), nice trailer but didn't have all the features I liked (without adding more to the cost) ,it had the smooth exterior, led lighting, etc !!! But I didn't know if I really liked it ?? Don't know much amount "Mission" too ?? Are they any good ???

AND....

Then I saw a steel Trailer (Haulmark), a very nice looking trailer too. Had the extra height (an extra 6"), front cabinet, load lights, etc. BUT it a the riveted exterior (prefer the smooth) and is about 1300 lbs heavier than the aluminum BUT is quite a bit cheaper than the aluminum.

I know the aluminum should tow nicer and hold it's value a bit better but is it worth it ??????

Which trailer would you buy ?????

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too , am shopping for a new Trailer !!!! Soooooo many choices !!!!

Been looking at an aluminum trailer (Mission), nice trailer but didn't have all the features I liked (without adding more to the cost) ,it had the smooth exterior, led lighting, etc !!! But I didn't know if I really liked it ?? Don't know much amount "Mission" too ?? Are they any good ???

AND....

Then I saw a steel Trailer (Haulmark), a very nice looking trailer too. Had the extra height (an extra 6"), front cabinet, load lights, etc. BUT it a the riveted exterior (prefer the smooth) and is about 1300 lbs heavier than the aluminum BUT is quite a bit cheaper than the aluminum.

I know the aluminum should tow nicer and hold it's value a bit better but is it worth it ??????

Which trailer would you buy ?????

Here is my honest opinion I have a Legend Aluminium, trailer is unreal picked it up on this site last year and I would buy another. I know Grassland Trailer Sales owners personal trailer is a Mission and he pushes them, they are nice and seem to hold up. If you have the cash hands down the way to to is Featherlite car hauler Vnose the fit and finish on them is unreal but were talking twice the price of other decent trailers. Having an Aluminum yes they are worh it and yes I think they will hold value longer. I also would lean towards the car hauler models as they always tow better(less of a sail in the wind)

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an Interstate 28 foot Allsport and it has been very good, it is heavy but tows nicely. I would go with a trailer that has a lower floor height (inside wheel wells) and heavy duty axles. The lower floor makes for easier loading and less wind resistance when towing. Most come with 3000 pound axles, that is pretty light duty if you plan on hauling anything other than sleds.

Trench:beer:

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Squiggy,

I sell Legend All ALuminum Trailers. Here is one of my latest customer special orders and also a 7 X 19 two place that I have in stock and For Sale for
$10,991.00 + GST in the Site Sponsor Forum. Give me a ring or send me an email if you have any questions or if you would like to stop by and see some trailers :beer:

Attachments

• IMG-20110117-00197.jpg
    IMG-20110117-00197.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG-20101228-00175.jpg
    IMG-20101228-00175.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG-20101228-00172.jpg
    IMG-20101228-00172.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG-20101228-00170.jpg
    IMG-20101228-00170.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG-20101228-00169.jpg
    IMG-20101228-00169.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG-20110117-00200.jpg
    IMG-20110117-00200.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Firefly,
How much is the black trailer ?? What size is it ???

Ok I just found it on your site sponser post !!! Thanks !!!

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are some nice looking trailers, price seems very reasonable for aluminium. Can two sleds fit between the wheel wells, got to put the ski up on top of them in my Interstate.

Trench:d

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have to pull any distance and aren't going to be bouncing up any real rough roads in the spring, the lower box with the wheel wells is the way to go versus a deckover trailer. They pull that much better due to the lower profile and the wind doesn't get underneath and raise hell.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I did it !!!!!

Met with Ron (Firefly), looked at "Legend" trailmaster !!!! :d WOW, what a nice Trailer !! I've looked at a few trailers the last few years and these "Legend" Trailers seem to one of the nicest I've seen !!! The fit and finish is really good and it seems to be built really good.
I looked at his stock and decided to order one !!!! It should be a pretty nice trailer, man, I can't wait !!! About 6-8 weeks (hopefully) and I'll be pullin a new trailer.
Happy Trailering !!!!!
(Will keep you posted as to whats going on and how I like it when I get it)

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I did it !!!!!

Met with Ron (Firefly), looked at "Legend" trailmaster !!!! :d WOW, what a nice Trailer !! I've looked at a few trailers the last few years and these "Legend" Trailers seem to one of the nicest I've seen !!! The fit and finish is really good and it seems to be built really good.
I looked at his stock and decided to order one !!!! It should be a pretty nice trailer, man, I can't wait !!! About 6-8 weeks (hopefully) and I'll be pullin a new trailer.
Happy Trailering !!!!!
(Will keep you posted as to whats going on and how I like it when I get it)

I just ordered a new Trailmaster from Ron too. My order went in today. I agree the trailers are well built. Along with the fit and finish and price, you can't go wrong.:beer:

Last edited:

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a new Trailmaster from Ron too. My order went in today. I agree the trailers are well built. Along with the fit and finish and price, you can't go wrong.:beer:

Our Trailers might be sister's !!!!!! LOL

Yeah, Ron's prices on an all aluminium trailer is really fair. Most other steel trailers were around the same price as his aluminium !! And these "Legend" trailers seem to be built really good and look pretty sweet !!!

Top Bottom