Enclosed sled trailers

Green=Go!

Reaction score
Anybody got an opinion on Mirage/Teton enclosed sled trailers? Thinkin of getting one. Looked at one with the Highmark package.
:confused:

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody got an opinion on Mirage/Teton enclosed sled trailers? Thinkin of getting one. Looked at one with the Highmark package.
:confused:

Have a '10 and love it.
5200lb axles, 110V, Heater, Cabinets, etc, etc, etc. - similar to the one at the show but no one could even price it out here last year, they stopped after it hit $17k with the options I wanted.
$10K out of Salt Lake and picked it right from the factory in Boise.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a really good opinion. I was the guy last year that had the axle come off my mirage and was very unhappy with how things played out at first. Today i have all new running gear on my trailer which was paid for by mirage. I also took them up on there offer from last year that they are willing to repair there trailers and didnt matter the age. Rob swikirk who is a member on snow and mud has been very helpfull with sending parts for some other wear and tear at mirages expense since the factory is so far away. In my opinion i would by a mirage trailer again hands down, i just might be a bit more selective on the retailer i use......Mirage one hundred percent

Reaction score
A good buddy of mine is starting to get started in selling real quality trailers based in Calgary. Give a look at his Kijiji add, and I beleive he is bringing one to the Calgary sled show (he was too late to get into the Edmonton show). I had another buddy interested in buying one and he shopped around alot, and when I introduced the two, he was super impressed with the quality of build and the price. Tell him Steve sent you, it's worth a call anyway.

2011 ATV/UTV, HUNTING, & SNOWMOBILE TRAILER - Calgary Cargo, Utility Trailers For Sale - Kijiji Calgary Canada.

dirty_duramax

Reaction score
Have a '10 and love it.
5200lb axles, 110V, Heater, Cabinets, etc, etc, etc. - similar to the one at the show but no one could even price it out here last year, they stopped after it hit $17k with the options I wanted.
$10K out of Salt Lake and picked it right from the factory in Boise.

that sounds like a wicked price, is that a teton highmark? who would i get ahold of down there? its always hard to find contacts out of the blue. rocky mountain custom trailers seems like a pretty sweet deal..... but if im already picking it up at the boarder, whats another few hrs to save a couple grand.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
any facts, or just opinion?
We all know what they say about opinions

Absolutely bud! That is why I stated 'Personal opinion'...:)

Seriously though, we have a dealer here in town, so quite a few people I know bought them last year, they do look good, and prices are pretty attractive, and there were a lot of warranty work, which can be sometimes considered normal. What concerned me was the amount of 'refused' warranty work, stuff you would always consider warranty, and the dealer had a heck of a time getting this work done. THAT is what formed my opinion...

I dont have one, and never will.

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that sounds like a wicked price, is that a teton highmark? who would i get ahold of down there? its always hard to find contacts out of the blue. rocky mountain custom trailers seems like a pretty sweet deal..... but if im already picking it up at the boarder, whats another few hrs to save a couple grand.

Mirage Xtreme Sport, we worked from that platform and built what we wanted. (same as Teton)
I don't have anything here right now, Bill of Sale etc, everything at Acct's but from a quick search, I would bet it was Trailer Source out of Utah.
Good luck

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not very good pictures. But the only issue Ive had with the trailer is the brakes didn't seem to be set up very well, and i had the brake "shoe" separate and jam the drum resulting in a lot of tire smoke haha

swikertrob

Reaction score
Absolutely bud! That is why I stated 'Personal opinion'...:)

Seriously though, we have a dealer here in town, so quite a few people I know bought them last year, they do look good, and prices are pretty attractive, and there were a lot of warranty work, which can be sometimes considered normal. What concerned me was the amount of 'refused' warranty work, stuff you would always consider warranty, and the dealer had a heck of a time getting this work done. THAT is what formed my opinion...

I dont have one, and never will.

Longhorn,

the dealer in Medicine Hat you are refering to sold very few Xtreme Snow/Sport trailers. His understanding and knowledge of these types of units were extreamly limited and he focused on price alone. He therefore sold only the "entry level" product with a limited warranty. Once the warranty on these units expire, it's obviously "out of warranty". Mirage dropped that dealer, and he is no longer able to sell Mirage product.
I would hate for you to form an opinion without understatdning both sides of the story and worse yet never owning a Mirage due to a disgruntled ex-dealer.
If your serious about a trailer let me know as I would like to help change your mind with a great deal on a new Mirage.

Thanks

Reaction score
I purchased a TNT Teton Sport (26') from Rocky Mountain Customs in Conrad, MT. late last year. (same as attached but white)

It's the nicest trailer I have came across in a while (already own 3 other cargo trailers for bikes, quads etc.)
The Teton package came standard with:
- 38 gal. fuel cell with electric fuel pump and fuel nozzle
- Poly-quad floor
- Forced heat furnace
- Aluminum cabinets
- 4 speaker CD stereo system
- Electric exhaust fans
- Fold down seat bench
- Fold down work bench
- Aluminum wheels
- 5200lb. axles and decal package.
- external lighting

For $15,900 or there bouts you will not find a trailer like this.

It also has the front ramp door that when dropped, drops part of the side wall. It allows for a lot easier unload on larger sleds.

As you probably all know TNT trailers are made on the same assembly line as the Mirage trailer, they are just marketed at a fraction lower of a price.

My TNT Teton Sport actually has Mirage decals on the tool benches and fold up seats.

Anyway, Jeff from Rocky M Customs in Conrad, delivered the trailer 2.5 hours to meet me half way.

Add a few accessories from pitposse.com and you have the nicest trailer around!

Nothing but good to say about the trailer and Rocky Mountain Customs.

For what it's worth!

MTsnowman

Reaction score
Website
www.stovedoctor.biz
Well here goes my opinion as you asked for it-
Bought a custom Mirage Extreme Snow trailer 2008 model, 26', fuel station, cabinets,etc. and had nothing but troubles from the first trip out - granted a lot of the issues were somewhat minor due to poor quality workmanship, however, when one spends that kind of hard earned money,one should expect nothing less than quality.
Problems that occured:
--Brakes not working properly - seals leaking, backing plate damn near fell off
--Fuel station pump system wouldn't move enough fuel to bother having - yet was rated as a 5 gpm pump - could pee faster!
--Back door spring assisted compartment would literally fill up with snow when travelling any distance on snow packed roads as well as sifting in and around wheel well areas that would produce a small drift of snow down each side on the inside!!
--Compartment holding fuel pump and hose assembly not sealed and would also fill completely up with snow, really a neat design!
--No steel edging on ramp doors so that repeated use started destroying floor edges
--Ground strap for refueling kept coming apart at clamp end
--After very little use, ramp door latches were bent and didn't allow doors to seal tight
-- Constant leak of fuel tank around drain plug/etc - we dubbed exxon valdez II
had another tank installed to solve problem - sort of!
-- The last straw was when I was returning home from our first trip out sledding Jan 2009 and the fuel station (thankfully empty after filling the sleds before loading) literally fell out from under the trailer causing the rear axle to buckle up as the unit proceeded to run over itself causing the floor to heave upwards basically leaving the unit a complete un-useable wreck in the middle of the road. Thankfully we had not gotten to the highway yet nor reached highway speeds- which certainly could have caused a complete catastrophy.
All of the issues listed are documented and photographed for your viewing pleasure, if interested.
I will point out that my local dealer did their very best to handle these multiple complaints and was able to solve most of the issues - HOWEVER - Mirage was unwilling to work with us as far as a replacement unit and would only continue to repair the ongoing problems - even after the major disaster.
As for now, the resolution was to replace the unit with a similar Teton model, proposed by the dealer as NO satisfaction was offered by Mirage- even with a little attorney involvement.
To make a long story short - the new Teton trailer has restored my faith in those units as it has been trouble free so far and has been working great.
Noticeable improvements have bee made and hopefully will continue as any manufacturer should be proud to offer!!
Enough for now but more is available.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Longhorn,

the dealer in Medicine Hat you are refering to sold very few Xtreme Snow/Sport trailers. His understanding and knowledge of these types of units were extreamly limited and he focused on price alone. He therefore sold only the "entry level" product with a limited warranty. Once the warranty on these units expire, it's obviously "out of warranty". Mirage dropped that dealer, and he is no longer able to sell Mirage product.
I would hate for you to form an opinion without understatdning both sides of the story and worse yet never owning a Mirage due to a disgruntled ex-dealer.
If your serious about a trailer let me know as I would like to help change your mind with a great deal on a new Mirage.

Thanks

Wow,

Great to hear both sides of the story! I really appreciate the input and your explanation really answers a lot of questions that I have had regarding these trailers.

Its funny that as a dealer they never explained that there were different levels of quality, and of course as a customer I know there is, but they always claimed that the units they were carrying, were 'top of the line'. Sad to say but it chased a lot of us away from them as a dealer, I bought 3 cargo trailers last year, and none from them...

Thanks for taking the time to explain, I will be in touch.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a couple comments on that. One, I wouldn't want edging on the edge of the wood on the door. it would screw up your carbides. i think i could live with some marked up wood. Second, wouldn't the tank falling out from the bottom of the trailer be the fault of who ever replaced it? i mean you have to remove the strapping to take out the old tank. so who ever put the strapping back up must have not done a very good job.

Top Bottom