enclosed sled trailers

what the!

Reaction score
Looking at buying a enclosed sled trailer. any remarks on dealers, make, models? want a four place, what lenght does it have to be? looking for all aluminum. What types pull the best. pretty well any info on what to look for when purchasing one of these unit. pulling it with a 3/4 tonne. for sled and quads. thanx

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and I have a Legend Trailer that was originally purchased from Paradis Motorsports. They are a sponsoring Vendor on here. Great trailer. All Aluminum. Tows straight as an arrow. Ours is the mid deck 28'.

May even be for sale here soon if your interested.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away from the mirage by the way some people complaining about them.I
rent a 24' it was barely big enough for 3 -136'' and 1@121" a 29' would work real well .The one that i rented had a hard plastic floor it work well and didn't
scar with skags and easy clean up.Ihope this helps

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must say Mirage is on here clearing up some issues with some of the bad reputation they have been getting, balls up move on their part I must say. They may even become a supporting vendor :d to show us they stand behind there product and also provide us a contact person so if anyone does have problems with there product they will have a person to get in touch with directly.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought mine out of Factory Outlet Trailer's. They were just outside of Okotoks. Now I think they are over by Alderside. They were great to deal with, even lent me a hitch to take it home (wasn't planning to buy one on the spot, and lived in St. Albert 3 years ago).

It is a bare bones basic, hold's 4 - 151's, 1/2 ton towable. Bright inside, and never have had a problem. I would go back to them, if I was to upgrade. At the time the best price in Alberta, for a enclosed.

Last edited:

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do think you get what you pay for. I have a steel frame Interstate and am
happy with it. The floor has been sprayed with armorguard and would highly
recommend getting a trailer with some sort of floor protection. Makes it easy to clean and scags won't mark it all up. I also like the mid deck trailers, lower
to the ground and ramps are not as steep. Do lots of research and let us know what you buy. I am thinking of switching to an aluminum 27 or 29ft
so I will let you do all the work(LOL). Good luck:beer:

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 24 foot this year and have to agree it is cramped although we do fit 4 153" on it if you load from the front. It does pull real easy and is a bit easier to get manouvered, but still wish it was 2 feet longer.
Just remember...it's always better looking at it than for it.
As far as brands go, that will depend on your budget. Like on of the other guys said "you get what you pay for"

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We Just bought a car hauler from Fast Toys for boys In Davidson, SK. It's a cheaper trailer but pulls nice. We can fit four 163" Sleds in a 26'.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
If you can find a nice low car hauler that's wide enough to side by side storage that's the way to go. I say that as they are typically lower than the high boy trailers with the axles and wheels tucked under the trailer and the low boys tow much better being lower to the ground. I have a V-nose 7' x 14' which stores 2 sleds nicely but would buy a car hauler if I was buying another one. Trick is to find a low boy trailer with a V-nose and front ramp door unless your sleds have reverse.

Wells Cargo make a great trailer.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can find a nice low car hauler that's wide enough to side by side storage that's the way to go. I say that as they are typically lower than the high boy trailers with the axles and wheels tucked under the trailer and the low boys tow much better being lower to the ground. I have a V-nose 7' x 14' which stores 2 sleds nicely but would buy a car hauler if I was buying another one. Trick is to find a low boy trailer with a V-nose and front ramp door unless your sleds have reverse.

Wells Cargo make a great trailer.

the only down fall to low rider is when ya start dragging it up the hills with tighter corners,,, the bottom will hit ground on a lot of access roads around theese parts,, not all but some especially as spring comes and the staging areas are higher up....

but if ya run only on main roads giddy up

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
the only down fall to low rider is when ya start dragging it up the hills with tighter corners,,, the bottom will hit ground on a lot of access roads around theese parts,, not all but some especially as spring comes and the staging areas are higher up....

but if ya run only on main roads giddy up

Good point JoHNi_T,

But if one really plans a lot of spring riding where there heading up the BC logging roads to stage where there's still good amounts of spring time snow, one would be better take a truck in there with a deck mounted up and not plug things up with a 28 foot trailer along the rode. :nono:

Trailers are great for pulling from town to town or to staging areas, but decks rule for getting back to the snow early in the year or later in spring as it melts down low.

• Thanks
Reactions: GRD

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying a enclosed sled trailer. any remarks on dealers, make, models? want a four place, what lenght does it have to be? looking for all aluminum. What types pull the best. pretty well any info on what to look for when purchasing one of these unit. pulling it with a 3/4 tonne. for sled and quads. thanx

check out goodleo's ad on trailers classified, the royal cargo is the trailer to get. :)

Zig Zag

Reaction score
decks are great I got both. Factory Outlet is where I get my 28 foot 4 place works great and reasonable price.

dozer

Reaction score
bought a wells cargo 27' fun wagon with 7' ceiling height very nice trailer pulls easy lots of head room no bending over in trailer. will fit up to 5 sleds if loaded right we had 2-162's 2-159's and 1-151 tight but could still move around inside and some room for gear around sleds and in front of trailer,looked at alot of trailers and we thought the wells was the best trailer in their class,couldn't afford something in featherlight or triton class. we absolutely love our trailer. we have always pulled it to the hills with a 1 ton but had it behind a 1/2 ton with 2 sleds at home and it still seemed to pull fairly nice and easy. hope this helps

inside

Reaction score
I got a CJay 26 tow box trailer. It is a V nose car hauler. Nice because you can stand up inside, and put a car in it if you like. Nice trailer pulls really well and is built strong. Got 6200# axles so they should be enough for any cargo.

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My pick would be CJay or Royal Cargo, you get what you pay for and I personally don't want to replace a trailer in 5 years because the cheaper one fell apart or broke.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out westlock ...hwy 44 sales or sws trailers...goood prices for both

Top Bottom