Enbridge Line 5 dispute

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uhhh we do refine in both provinces. Imperial, Suncor, Shell refine to fuel in edmonton and then there's the Co-op refinery in Regina.

Look at the redwater upgrader disaster... years in now and still fuct up bad.

great example of how we (Alberta) are soo behind on infrastructure AND dont successfully build anything on time... EVER

A lot of the issue is in functional design.
Not quality of construction or timelines.
But ya not a smooth go at all

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see any threads on this dispute. But Its big on the news today. I guess the Governor of Michigan Gretchen Whitmer has demanded that the line is shut down today. Enbridge is not shutting this down unless told to by the regulator which is federal. This is fueled by environmentalists as well. Guess if we had the energy east pipeline built or even in the process this wouldn't be as much of a concern. I wonder what Bidons view on this issue is going to be.

Biden view would be much the same as TRUEDOPES "They are puppets being told what to SAY AND DO "

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of the issue is in functional design.
Not quality of construction or timelines.
But ya not a smooth go at all
Cracked pipe/welding weren’t an issue? Or wrong metallurgy? I’ve heard a few stories about the “cheap” mods that have been reworked at huge cost now.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shutting that pipe be the best thing that could happen for Canada, build our own transcanadian pipe, have the east pay $3/L for fuel and help the ecoturd supporters realize Western Canadian petroleum is a good thing.

Best thing possibly for the West, let them pay that for fuel and see how Trudumazz gets out of this. With 600k barrels coming in weekly from oppressed countries like Nigeria etc.. and them taking 13 billion a year off Alberta well guess what, time to pay at the pump i guess. whole thing is a chit show and narrative stinks to high heaven. Lot's of Quebecr's working here instead opting to spend there money within our economy though.

Top Bottom