Enbridge Line 5 dispute

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I don't see any threads on this dispute. But Its big on the news today. I guess the Governor of Michigan Gretchen Whitmer has demanded that the line is shut down today. Enbridge is not shutting this down unless told to by the regulator which is federal. This is fueled by environmentalists as well. Guess if we had the energy east pipeline built or even in the process this wouldn't be as much of a concern. I wonder what Bidons view on this issue is going to be.

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the US gas shortages are nothing we can talk about according to the media.it’s just a Russian cyber attack.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see any threads on this dispute. But Its big on the news today. I guess the Governor of Michigan Gretchen Whitmer has demanded that the line is shut down today. Enbridge is not shutting this down unless told to by the regulator which is federal. This is fueled by environmentalists as well. Guess if we had the energy east pipeline built or even in the process this wouldn't be as much of a concern. I wonder what Bidons view on this issue is going to be.
I was just going to post that. She needs recalled in the worst way. She still thinks she's the Covid Queen.

Michigan orders closure of pipeline in escalating dispute with Canada | US news | The Guardian

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how the the eastern provinces are going to spin this? Now pipelines are good? i was reading how they are now saying that pipline's are the safest way to get oil and gas to the Canadian and US consumers? Why is there not any politicians from the west screaming and yelling about this, and trying to capitalize on the promotion of pipelines being a necessity.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pipe Line.jpg

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The east best be lining up for walking shoes , parkas and blankets but unfortunately it will surely affect the west . Higher prices on consumer goods coming soon.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd go for new pipe, everybody happy...no ?

Well the pipe is 20 years past it's design and exposed underwater. ? If it breaks it f's up one of the worlds largest lake systems.

We've had some pretty big spills in the patch, really stupid humans restarting pumps that go down on low pressure without knowing where the pressure is going...

Or pipe that only closes only on one side of a river...wtf ?How many tens of millions of people get their water from those great lakes lakes ?

They are ocean like amounts of fresh water.

You have to understand the concern. Might need new pipe.

Every day, nearly 23 million gallons of oil flow through two aging pipelines in the heart of the Great Lakes, just 1.5 miles west of the Mackinac Bridge. Constructed during the Eisenhower administration in 1953, the two 20-inch-in-diameter “Line 5” pipelines owned by Canadian company Enbridge, Inc., lie exposed at the bottom of the Straits of Mackinac - a busy shipping channel.

Line 5 has spilled 33 times and at least 1.1 million gallons along its length since 1968.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Well the pipe is 20 years past it's design and exposed underwater. ? If it breaks it f's up one of the worlds largest lake systems.

We've had some pretty big spills in the patch, really stupid humans restarting pumps that go down on low pressure without knowing where the pressure is going...

Or pipe that only closes only on one side of a river...wtf ?How many tens of millions of people get their water from those great lakes lakes ?

Every day, nearly 23 million gallons of oil flow through two aging pipelines in the heart of the Great Lakes, just 1.5 miles west of the Mackinac Bridge. Constructed during the Eisenhower administration in 1953, the two 20-inch-in-diameter “Line 5” pipelines owned by Canadian company Enbridge, Inc., lie exposed at the bottom of the Straits of Mackinac - a busy shipping channel.

Line 5 has spilled 33 times and at least 1.1 million gallons along its length since 1968.

Enbridge is planning on building a tunnel under the lake and is in the process. Line 5 and the Great Lakes Tunnel - Enbridge Inc.

Review the [h=1]Welcome to the Line 5 and Great Lakes Tunnel Project Virtual Open House[/h]

Enbridge Aims to Build a Pipeline Under Lake Huron and Lake Michigan | Pipeline Technology Journal (pipeline-journal.net)

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats an interesting take on things, I am a pro-pipeline kinda guy, but never looked at it that way. Somebody is going to have to pay the piper.

The electric crowd will be all over this, until they start building more dam's and nuc facilities because they are over taxing the power grid.

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flapjack;[URL="tel:2936171" said:
2936171[/URL]]I'd go for new pipe, everybody happy...no ?

Riiiiiiiiiiight??? Just give us a new pipe you dumb dumbs, and it better be as non white and transgender friendly as possible!!

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nuclear is safe, clean power. We just have to convince the peeps. Petro Chem is not going anywhere, gasoline can be replaced.

Not sure about diesel, EV is not for a real trucker ;) I wonder how much space a Class 8 truck would need for batteries.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

is there a difference between dumping sewage or oil into the lakes? most large cities on great lakes have outlet pipes out into the lakes, not to mention dumping of ships bilge tanks? i see more environmental damage done every day down there by sewage dumps, than a possible pipe leak in a pipeline

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been a few years since i have been down there, but lake Erie and lake Ontario were cess pools of floating brown trout and such, one town had garbage dump right on the shore, filled in and now play field now? yuc

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there a difference between dumping sewage or oil into the lakes? most large cities on great lakes have outlet pipes out into the lakes, not to mention dumping of ships bilge tanks? i see more environmental damage done every day down there by sewage dumps, than a possible pipe leak in a pipeline

been a few years since i have been down there, but lake Erie and lake Ontario were cess pools of floating brown trout and such, one town had garbage dump right on the shore, filled in and now play field now? yuc

While i do agree with you....it don't matter what we westerners think and the last people they will take advice from is us!.

The east feels we are just a bunch of whiny rednex....I say shut down the pipe...let them learn 1st hand if they need that dirty oil n gas from the west.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While i do agree with you....it don't matter what we westerners think and the last people they will take advice from is us!.

The east feels we are just a bunch of whiny rednex....I say shut down the pipe...let them learn 1st hand if they need that dirty oil n gas from the west.

Shut it down and revive that good old saying of "let those eastern bastards freeze in the dark", they will come around soon enough - just drag out the shutdown until winter.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time for Alberta and Sask to start refining the product here, sell all finished products at the border. We would be one of the richest areas in the world. Shut them all down now that Albeta is able to say what goes into the pipelines.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uhhh we do refine in both provinces. Imperial, Suncor, Shell refine to fuel in edmonton and then there's the Co-op refinery in Regina.

Look at the redwater upgrader disaster... years in now and still fuct up bad.

great example of how we (Alberta) are soo behind on infrastructure AND dont successfully build anything on time... EVER

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uhhh we do refine in both provinces. Imperial, Suncor, Shell refine to fuel in edmonton and then there's the Co-op refinery in Regina.

Look at the redwater upgrader disaster... years in now and still fuct up bad.

great example of how we (Alberta) are soo behind on infrastructure AND dont successfully build anything on time... EVER
Its extremely hard to build anything when we have to do studies for 5 yrs and make sure "every" indigenous person in the province is in favor of the project or have been bribed enough to sign on the dotted line. We need a guy like Trump who just deregulates all that crap and gets things done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom