Emergency Contact List

ANDY SAIGER

Reaction score
With the recent events in Valemount and the realization of how fast things can happen our group has purchased a sat phone. We are looking for the right contacts for the Valemount, Blue River and MacBride areas.
If any body out there has this information can you please share.
Thanks

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you need sar to respond you must call 911. calling anyone else will just delay the process as you have now called someone and they now have to call 911. also calling someone else could muddy the info, it has happened in the past.
Barry

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the recent events in Valemount and the realization of how fast things can happen our group has purchased a sat phone. We are looking for the right contacts for the Valemount, Blue River and MacBride areas.
If any body out there has this information can you please share.
Thanks

A well as 911 in a situation where it is not life or death I have Alpine Country Rentals at 12505669774 (as well as emergency parts they have a battery powered winch they can sometimes bring to you if they have some spare bodies around the shop), when the winch won't do the trick I have Yellowhead Helicopters at 12505664401 and if your truck breaks down on the highway in an area where there is no cell phone coverage I have Monashee Motors at 12505664318. Also have Fowler on speed dial as he will rescue you when no one else will particularly if you owe him money. Could give you Pawliuks' cell phone number except he said stop giving out my f***king cell phone number.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only people authorized to mobilize SAR is the RCMP. Are you better off calling 911 and dealing with a call centre or calling the detachment directly?

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only people authorized to mobilize SAR is the RCMP. Are you better off calling 911 and dealing with a call centre or calling the detachment directly?

Also have them on speed dial on my Sat Phone. To contact Valemount detachment of RCMP they are at 12505664466.

Top Bottom