Embarrassed to be a skiier!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also love how a lot of there videos focused or used to focus on the bad boy skiiers and boarders grinding off pieces on public hand rails to slide them telling security to F'off cause they wanna grind a rail for a video to look cool or constantly show the out of bounds signs with them busting under neath it and getting the good stuff Yeah thats showing great judgement and is not considered harmful or reckless but a sledder climbs a hill and instantly the whole world is up in arms about it! I snowboard quite regularly and get a real warm response and have people being so friendly but as soon as that sled fires up instantly they change and start judging me for my sled and it is getting really dumb!

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate all this BS. I also love to sled andboard and do both frequently. I know that living here in Revy, it is not thatbad, maybe because we do not use a lot of the same areas due to the Park beingright there, but I do know that the vibes come from both sides as I have feltboth. Like many have said there are people who just love confrontation best wecan do is not fan the flames and take the high road. One thing I can say thatwhen push comes to shove the BS gets left behind, I have had a CMH heli dropeverything bring a heli full of skiers/boarders to our aid and end their day totransport my deceased best friend with not one once of judgment, just as everyoperator in Revy did when the boulder sh$t show went down. Enjoy being outthere, pass on the good mountain vibe, these mountains that we love and give uslife take it away with no judgment.

Last edited:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It pisses me off that the people in charge of these websites that have the ability to delete the sickening comments from these sick people don't delete them.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It pisses me off that the people in charge of these websites that have the ability to delete the sickening comments from these sick people don't delete them.
what do you mean???makes no sense.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

CBC seems to be the worst.They just trying to get the comments going so it draws more attention to the site. More attention = more advertizing $$$$ for CBC

I think the future may change over time. More skiers are going both ways now. Sledding gets them into new areas and they enjoy both and support both activities. I think we will start seeing more sleds in ski movies. let me know if this happens I don`t watch much ski movies.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What ever skiing and snowboarding iz for small kids,
sledding is for men .

And this is coming from a guy who rode a board from
1985 to 1999and could jump a buss after smoking a joint ,
for realz it was legendary .lol

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many of my snowboard/ski friends, also have a sled.

The ones that don't, and want peace and quiet, go to parks where sleds are banned and tour.

Sure isn't rocket science.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Although those comments pi$$ me off too, I'm not in favour of censorship in a free democratic society.....mostly because of the "who decides" question, and the apparant inability to know where to stop once governments or businesses go down that road.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sledding is for men .

Really?? I could go on and on about that . Talk about stupid comments. Back to the weed buddy.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Gotta disagree RJ, everyone has a right to express their opinion, even the idiots that are dumb enough to disagree with me. :)

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Anyone ever go to avalanche.ca and look at the donors list? Should make it pretty apperent who is more involved in awareness/prevention... It says "skiers" and "Sledders" donations and I bet you the sledder's make up well over 85% of the donations to them. Just saying.. I would put up a screen shot but I cant figure it out.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I'm just wondering because I don't know and I don't want to start anything but for those that ski at resorts...Castle, Fernie, Kimberley, Lake Louise etc do you wear Avy beacons while skiing at these places? Is it a recommended practise by the resorts themselves ie signs up at lift ticket shops etc?

Jan

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering because I don't know and I don't want to start anything but for those that ski at resorts...Castle, Fernie, Kimberley, Lake Louise etc do you wear Avy beacons while skiing at these places? Is it a recommended practise by the resorts themselves ie signs up at lift ticket shops etc?

Jan

I'll jump on this one. No, I don't. Provided I intend to stay within the ropes. If I intend to access the slackcountry, I will absolutley wear one, along with my bag and all the other gear I bring when skiing/snowmobiling etc in the backcountry. Ski resorts that are ok with people leaving the resort will post signs as you cross off their property. These signs essentially say "If you go out here, be prepared, if we have to save your dumb azz, expect a bill", just worded much more proffesional style. I would imagine it's more to absolve themselves of responsibility.
Whether or not I am part of the majority or minority, I'm not so sure.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sledding is for men .

Thats just a dumb comment. Think ya smoked one too many... bet that bus jump was smaller than you think.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The skier/snowboarder vs sledder thing is starting to sound like BC drivers vs Alberta drivers. "I'm awesome you suck" is getting annoying, lame, and old. People on the news comment threads are WAY worse than any bashers on here on any subject. So anonymous with so much "important" to say. Thanks for taking the time to chime in on a fatality story you douche! (that's to commenters on the news, doesn't matter what sport)

I don't know why there are so many skiers in slides this year. Just like on the sleds, you see more and more in the backcountry every year. I still see people out sledding making poor choices but most are doing things better. There's been a few really bad layers this year and it's either been good luck or good choices keeping the sled incidents down. Hopefully numbers are down in all sports for the long term.

It is funny to hear back on page 1 commenting on skiers "out of bounds"
Same thing I say to people who know nothing about any sort of backcountry activity: tell me where "out of bounds" is.
When the city morons complain about out of bounds, the story is almost always about someone who had an incident in the backcountry, same place YOU sled.

Hopefully this is the last tragedy of the season and everyone has a deep and fun spring!

LID

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yo bob , go take a ski
who cares about skiing and boarding
i thought this site is for wheels tracks and kick azz
engines
maybe u should watch some Kenny powers
on east bound and down to check your head back in

Oh yah it was a handi buss and u were in it
VIP

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yo bob , go take a ski
who cares about skiing and boarding
i thought this site is for wheels tracks and kick azz
engines
maybe u should watch some Kenny powers
on east bound and down to check your head back in

Oh yah it was a handi buss and u were in it
VIP

Don't worry buddy, my KICK ASS engine will blow right by ya with my NoBoard on my SNOWMOBILE rack, while you are sitting there rubbing your pipe.

Reactions: LID

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yo revyg
i think u missed it
skiing and snow boarding is for small kids and is
GAY
their I said it the G word
is it as bad as the N word now to peeps
lol

Top Bottom