Elkford today

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Wow. I went sledding instead of grooming! The trail is rough but man oh man did we have an awesome day. Here's a teaser and I will work on a short video. It was soooo much fun that I didn't take time to eat, drink, or measure the snow. I'm guessing about 20-30 cm of fresh above 6500'.

IMG_0640.jpg

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went sledding about 15 years ago in Elkford and it was awesome. We did some night sledding and came across a burning coal seam in the middle of the night. Our friend was a local and said it had been burning for 50 years! It was quite a beautiful site and a great place to stop for some "pops". Any idea if that seam is still burning? GPS co-ords? I'd love to go back one day, you could ride all around town on your sleds and hotel was $25/night.
Thanks

tool_man

Reaction score
Elkford rocks, but my buddy Mr Kuntz doesnt get invited to visit his family there anymore :( so we don't get to vist!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Elkford rocks, but my buddy Mr Kuntz doesnt get invited to visit his family there anymore :( so we don't get to vist!

now Mr tool_man, that is the biggest BS story I've heard in a long while. You had better talk to Dennis and get the truth out of him. He drives right through Sparwood and doesn't even call; what's with that?

I know he's pretty busy and the invitation has always been open but the door is never closed for that young fellow.....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I went sledding about 15 years ago in Elkford and it was awesome. We did some night sledding and came across a burning coal seam in the middle of the night. Our friend was a local and said it had been burning for 50 years! It was quite a beautiful site and a great place to stop for some "pops". Any idea if that seam is still burning? GPS co-ords? I'd love to go back one day, you could ride all around town on your sleds and hotel was $25/night.
Thanks

It's still burning and you can still ride around town sort of! There are designated trails now and one needs registration and insurance.

tool_man

Reaction score
now Mr tool_man, that is the biggest BS story I've heard in a long while. You had better talk to Dennis and get the truth out of him. He drives right through Sparwood and doesn't even call; what's with that?I know he's pretty busy and the invitation has always been open but the door is never closed for that young fellow.....
Lol ya I have been hassling him to plan something but I get the same story too busy too busy he even talked about selling his sled

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
well where's the vid???? eh lol.....

this one or the one I was yapping about and haven't got finished yet because too many people wanna come and ride! My fingers are sore from typing, so I'm going riding tomorrow and get away from this darn keyboard.....

Last day of 2011 - YouTube

jackinthebox

Reaction score
Man i got to get back there and visit some of my family, and ride.When i rode there we went into smith basin and waynes world(?)...koko claims...was epic.

Top Bottom