elkford/sparwood mining jobs for equipment operators?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
By truck drivers you mean 18 wheelers or rock truck? Either or i'll be happy, i just want to get out there. Job i'm at is a union job as well, I've dealt with seniority my whole working career so it doesn't bother me. Really grinds the old guy's gears at work when someone less then half their age has more seniority then them. I love it.

bigneily

Reaction score
One word of advice, Don't tell your future employers about any previous incidents where physio is needed or was. Even tho you are more than capable and healthy for the new job, They are most likely to not return your call or lose a resume so too speak. They are gonna assume that if your previous injury might return they will be paying disability costs. Trust me i've seen it.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yes for sure, that's why i'm not going to go to work at a new employer until i know i am 100% and know i wont skip a beat. I want to make the good impression, and prove myself to be a good employee. And rock truck is so easy, sounds like extremely good money as well. Good information thanks for the posts.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes for sure, that's why i'm not going to go to work at a new employer until i know i am 100% and know i wont skip a beat. I want to make the good impression, and prove myself to be a good employee. And rock truck is so easy, sounds like extremely good money as well. Good information thanks for the posts.

Rock truck is SO EASY in flat saskatchewan. She is a little different driving loaded down steep grade in the mountains. If that truck gets over 14-15 mile an hour the dynamic won't hold it back and you are in a runaway situation( and if and when you see some of the roads that you have to drive you don;t want that to happen). I am not saying operating a rock truck is hard it just a little different in the mountains. I did the job for just over a year. I heard that they have been laying off peeps down in the elk valley at the mines. Best of luck with trying to get on. It is a very nice place to live and work!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Rock truck is SO EASY in flat saskatchewan. She is a little different driving loaded down steep grade in the mountains. If that truck gets over 14-15 mile an hour the dynamic won't hold it back and you are in a runaway situation( and if and when you see some of the roads that you have to drive you don;t want that to happen). I am not saying operating a rock truck is hard it just a little different in the mountains. I did the job for just over a year. I heard that they have been laying off peeps down in the elk valley at the mines. Best of luck with trying to get on. It is a very nice place to live and work!

Never thought about it that way. Yeah here in Sask it's different when operating all equipment. I guess if i get a callback i will find out when i get there.

Are you Chinese?

B.C coal mine

Probably why your not getting a call back.
I can't believe they are letting them bring in out of country workers. Ridiculous.

Edit:

Just tried again to call teck, got a answering machine once more. Left my name number, and what this time that i was interested in haul truck. Hopefully they respond.

Last edited:

devildogg

Reaction score
No layoffs but very quit on the hiring side with the downturn I suspect it wont last long, don't give up Teck is always looking for good operators. A little advice, get on the Teck web site check out the individual operations send a resume to HR department at each site. Good luck, farm boys usually make good workers in my opinion as compared to some of the city boys that show up with no experience at all

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I applied months ago and just got a call back yesterday so they are still hiring. Im gonna give them a call back today to see what they gotta say but doubt ill really do much to try and get hired, i run excavator and dozer mainly, driving truck for more than a few months i think id probably have a melt down or just get labotamized. For you guys that have worked there, how long usually till theyll move you onto another piece of equipment?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I applied months ago and just got a call back yesterday so they are still hiring. Im gonna give them a call back today to see what they gotta say but doubt ill really do much to try and get hired, i run excavator and dozer mainly, driving truck for more than a few months i think id probably have a melt down or just get labotamized. For you guys that have worked there, how long usually till theyll move you onto another piece of equipment?
Congrats, glad to hear they're still hiring, that is also a good question. Being unionized that ultimately means that they go by seniority. Or is there special occasions for being bumped up onto an actual piece of equipment.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will be looking at a year or more of truck before you see any other iron. My old man is a shovel operator down there. They have shut down a ch!t pile of trucks. Dudes are just doing janitor stuff around the dry and washing pick ups. They don't want to lay anyone off and are doing another truck school in anticipation of more stuff opening up in the MAC. They want to make sure they have people to run the equipment when people start leaving for jobs in the MAC. I drove truck there for year. BORING!!!! Kind of a effed up place to work, but all right money and nice place to live with some really good sledding out your back door!

bigneily

Reaction score
Blue plate is right most likely a couple years before u see equipment, And there is no special treatment to get you on any earlier, Greenhills mine is non union tho i hear they place operators wherever they feel will best suit the company.

bigneily

Reaction score
As for the part of guys washing trucks and working in the dry, I'm not sure where this is at?. But for us it is still go go go, If you stop for a ch!t and they feel you were too long they will have a talking with you and want to know why.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for the part of guys washing trucks and working in the dry, I'm not sure where this is at?. But for us it is still go go go, If you stop for a ch!t and they feel you were too long they will have a talking with you and want to know why.

I remember that! Put your code in the computer and then the radio is going off "where are you"..... Elkview is where there are guys just cleaning trucks and the dry.

Top Bottom