Elkford - Family Riding areas

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to go riding this weekend in Elkford. Only rode in this area once with a large group a couple years back. Any suggestions where we could ride? Does anyone have a name of a local rider that might show us the area?

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Thanks GasCan for a name. Will try and contact someone in the area.

The other is mattmedic and both of them are on this forum. You can find both of their names in the summer jamboree thread in the mud pit or by searching their names, and PM either of them from there. I think they're married to each other? lol

BTW? How was that full week in Blue River and Clearwater? Heard you stuck around last week to get some more snow?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Looking to go riding this weekend in Elkford. Only rode in this area once with a large group a couple years back. Any suggestions where we could ride? Does anyone have a name of a local rider that might show us the area?

I wouldn't recommend family riding in Elkford right now. The valley, where it is safe from avalanches, has no snow. The Crossing Creek trail to Koko Claims is high avalanche hazzard (6-8 various sized avalanche chutes that require crossing to get up to the top).

I would suggest that you go to Fernie and stage on the Coal Creek trail and go up to the Wrangler's Cabin. Great family riding this time or anytime of year.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the conditions in the Elkford area. Will not take the family to this area then this year. Might end up at Fernie then.

Top Bottom