Elkas, Raptors or KYB 40's for T3

Biggs456

Reaction score
Website
www.raptorshocks.com
Are the stock shocks that bad? A person is paying for an X package so should we not expect quality shocks?

I think the stock shocks are probably decent if you fall in the target rider setup for a factory stock machine with that package. That just doesn't work for every rider and how they ride.

What we can offer with the aftermarket is more adjustability through engineered components that just can't be produced in volume and at reduced cost for an OEM type shock setup.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the stock shocks that bad? A person is paying for an X package so should we not expect quality shocks?

They are ok for some people, Not good for how I like to ride though. On a whooped out trail I can make the stock X package shock fail in 5 to 10km. They over heat, simply not eneogh oil capacity. Need a remote reservoir, coming out of Area 51 riding 30kms of whoops at 100km/h the Kwb40's on my Freeride would only start to fade. Warm to the touch not hot.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the stock shocks are probably decent if you fall in the target rider setup for a factory stock machine with that package. That just doesn't work for every rider and how they ride.

What we can offer with the aftermarket is more adjustability through engineered components that just can't be produced in volume and at reduced cost for an OEM type shock setup.

Thanks for your input Jonathon,, you should let me do some durability testing for Raptor this season in Revelstoke, Ill put on around 6 to 8000km this season all in Revy.:beer:

Last edited:

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input Jonathon,, you should let me do some durability testing for Raptor this season in Revelstoke, Ill put on around 6 to 8000km this season all in Revy.:beer:
What did you have on your last one? Stock or not?

Biggs456

Reaction score
Website
www.raptorshocks.com
He's an excellent rider. I'm sure more than a few people on here can say that about lilduke. I think he'd be an excellent resource for companies wanting some good product testing and/or promoting. :beer:

I won't disagree with that. I'm about 35 pages into his thread from last season :)

Going to have to take a break and get some work done...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
No I wanted matching black ones for t3 :D if i put red shocks on my yellow t3 my buddies will start calling me Ronald McDonald. The shocks are deff worth the coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

match that with a yellow TOBE 1 piece and a red helmet and you really could be Ronald!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well.....I just got off the phone with Jake and Jonathan. Bit the bullet and ordered a full set. Probably the best investment you can make in a sled if you ride aggressively. The best part is they are bolt on so just take them off, get them rebuilt, and throw them on the next sled.

Thanks Jonathan!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well.....I just got off the phone with Jake and Jonathan. Bit the bullet and ordered a full set. Probably the best investment you can make in a sled if you ride aggressively. The best part is they are bolt on so just take them off, get them rebuilt, and throw them on the next sled.

Thanks Jonathan!

I think aggressive is the key word I find my self going a lot faster and more aggressively into bumpy jumpy situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom