Elkas, Raptors or KYB 40's for T3

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need shocks for my T3, I would prefer Elka's but I'm also looking for the best deal. I know Elka's aren't cheap. Raptors or KYB 40's would work too(also not cheap though). New or Used, doesn't matter; if they are used I will Rebuild them. Point me in the right direction, come on im lookin for a deal here...lol :beer:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elka's are well worth the money. It hurts the pocket book a first but I really enjoy mine on those long rough trail rides down the hill.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might have a used set of stage 5's up for sale.

As for shock centre to centre I have not heard anything but I would venture to say it would be the same length as the 13-14 models. the t3 has the same max travel listed in the spec sheet as 13/14 summits.

Last edited:

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to get rid of those stage 5s i'd be all over it.. pm me if your interested.. would compliment my rears. Thats one of the only upgrades to my 13 this year.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might have a used set of stage 5's up for sale.

As for shock centre to centre I have not heard anything but I would venture to say it would be the same length as the 13-14 models. the t3 has the same max travel listed in the spec sheet as 13/14 summits.
If you decide to sell them let me know,, I'm interested:beer:

wilfort 85

Reaction score
Give Tim Zacharias a call (403) 818-4098 from ENZO Racing. My friends got KYB 40's installed on there Summit XM's last year. Tim works with the ski-doo snocross team and would likely know what shocks would fit in the new TM chassis.

I believe has can also order the KYB 40's directly from BRP and do the modifications required to fit.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Tim Zacharias a call (403) 818-4098 from ENZO Racing. My friends got KYB 40's installed on there Summit XM's last year. Tim works with the ski-doo snocross team and would likely know what shocks would fit in the new TM chassis.

I believe has can also order the KYB 40's directly from BRP and do the modifications required to fit.
Thanks! will do.:beer:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be cool if a guy could upgrade shocks right from the factory. Be nice to be able to pay the difference to upgrade to kyb40s with a small upcharge. For the difference in cost to BRP for the shocks, I think it would be huge to offer that to customers. They would make more money, and we could get awesome shocks for a reasonable price. I think most people would take advantage. Its win win.

In my opinion shocks are the best money you can spend on a sled. You can spend a similar amount on hp or lightwieght stuff and in my opinion you dont get anywhere near the benefit of good suspension.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be cool if a guy could upgrade shocks right from the factory. Be nice to be able to pay the difference to upgrade to kyb40s with a small upcharge. For the difference in cost to BRP for the shocks, I think it would be huge to offer that to customers. They would make more money, and we could get awesome shocks for a reasonable price. I think most people would take advantage. Its win win.

In my opinion shocks are the best money you can spend on a sled. You can spend a similar amount on hp or lightwieght stuff and in my opinion you dont get anywhere near the benefit of good suspension.
Yea no doupt, makes 0 sense for their top of the line mountain sled to come with these cheap azz shocks. Thats why I got a Freeride last year and why I wish I would have ordered one again this year. Only 500$ more than the T3, but you get 3000$ in upgraded shocks......

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my brain started working again. i was told the shock/spindle mount location has changed but the shock length is still the same. so it has more clearance via shock mounting location

Hey Sean. The fronts will work on the T3 but from my understanding the rears from a 13/14 wont mount on the T3. Maybe is just the front track shock, but Im sure its at least one that wont fit

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So enzos for the shock package would be a good choice if you were going to upgrade? I think its $1800 Or is there a better place?

Biggs456

Reaction score
Website
www.raptorshocks.com

I agree completely...but I work for Raptor :)

Customers are asking for this more and we have some dealers that have taken it upon themselves to offer our shocks as an upgrade and are quite successful. It's an upgrade they offer during snow check.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the stock shocks that bad? A person is paying for an X package so should we not expect quality shocks?

Top Bottom