Electrical problem with 2010 rmk 600 please help

Cameron

Reaction score
I have a 2010 rmk 600 i took it out yesterday for the first time this year rode 67 km and about 14 km from home i lost power to my dash board and headlights the exhaust solenoid starts clicking rapidly and then the power to my engine reduces and then sled dies I had a voltage regulator go when I first bought my sled and they replaced it under warranty because they said 2010 was a bad year I have now put on 2500 km so that is the first thing I thought was it went again I bought a new one and put it on it did not fix the problem. Any ideas

I pulled my ecu off and checked the bottom of it for any burns or bubbles it looks like new no damage to my eye as people have said if your regulator goes it can dump voltage on the ecu and cook it . Is there a way to meter it and check if it's good also how can I meter the stator to see if it's gone bad as someone said to check it

thanks in advance for your help

PolarisAssault91

Reaction score
Subscribed..also had this happen to my 2010 polaris 800 assault.. didn't resolve the issue as it was late last spring was thinking voltage regulator aswell but now got me looking other direction.

Cameron

Reaction score
Subscribed..also had this happen to my 2010 polaris 800 assault.. didn't resolve the issue as it was late last spring was thinking voltage regulator aswell but now got me looking other direction.

This happened to me at the end of last season as we'll last trip to vale mount in March but didn't ride much until yesterday

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got this off snowest.
attachment.php

Cameron

Reaction score
Thanks very much for help it's a no go though the ecu doesn't show any signs of damage and my regulator is brand new so I know it's not that the only thing I can think is that the ecu is damaged internally just not showing signs of damage think I'm going to have to eat the money and take it in

Cameron

Reaction score
Hey so I just got my sled back from the shop and thought I would post the cause of my problem for any one else having a similar issue it was the throttle position sensor that was causing all of the problems

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't know the TPS would cause that kind of problem. Thanks for posting the fix.

Cameron

Reaction score
No problem I have put about 27 km on now after the new tps runs better than it has for a long time

Top Bottom