Electric supercharger system...... 5 psi.......up to 80hp?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember years ago when someone was trying to market this. I suggested measuring the cfms by taking the belt off of a sled, tip it on it's side and get your buddy to hold it at 8000 rpms. Now hold your face in front of the exhaust pipe. Then grab the fan and put 12 volts to it and have it blow in your face. If the motor blew harder than the fan, than you would lose power by using the fan, if the fan blew harder than the exhaust at 8000 rpm, then hook er up!! lol

Can't believe anyone would drink this koolaid.

thank you for being the first person to apply common sense in this thread.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
thank you for being the first person to apply common sense in this thread.

true, but not quite the truth........ The exhaust is pushing through a smaller opening than the total intake volume. Thus creating more exhaust "pressure".......... Realistically, you would measure the cfm of air intake at wot, then measure the cfm of the fan ass'y.......... I suspect the fans in the kits must be sufficient, as they can apparently push almost any size automotive engine, right up to the 500ci caddy engines, and at 6500 rpms in one of those, it would be quite a bit more volume than that of an 800 or 1000cc 2 stroke.......... Jus' sayin'......... Anyone?

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rick, your gonna want to put a dryer vent on your airbox so you don't loose any boost pressure out the stock air intake :)

Dano670

Reaction score
after reading and watching the vid clips on this product ,yes it seems impressive however a battery would have to be installed to kinda act as a medium for a constant even supply of juice as the the stator from what i can find only produces around 400 watts ,I know that the newer sleds obviously have a high output stator to run the electronics but I don't think it's anywhere near the amount needed to run this blower so a battery would hold the juice so to speak until the blower kicks in .just sayin

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever experiment with this system? They claim up to 80+hp on cars etc......... 5psi boost from a 950watt electric blower fan for supercharger like performance??

......thought i read something on snowest about someone trying to perfect this system??? Did anything become of it?

Interesting concept: Faq

Don't wast your time, A friend of mine tried one on his 900 RMK and it didn't add any extra power. After doing the math he discovered that the fan could not move enough air to keep up to the 900 alone, never mind building boost & extra power. At the end of the experiment he determined that his 900 simply used too much air and the fan could not keep up, they might work on a 4-stroke application but not on a large 2-stroke.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They don't work on anything. They simply don't flow enough cfm. These things are an ongoing joke amongst gearheads that build turbo cars. I have seen many people buy them to try out for fun, make less power on the dyno from the restriction, then smash them with a baseball bat. Did any of you honestly believe what is essentially a 12v blower motor from a boat would flow enough volume to create postive manifold pressure in an engine?? There has only been one electric supercharger that I have seen work and it had a ton of engineering in it and some very powerful motors, so powerful in fact that the extra draw on the alternator caused about the same parasitic loss as just running a conventional belt driven charger. There is no easy/cheap miracle method for forced induction, that is why turbo technology has changed so much in recent years. If you want a cheap power adder put on some nitrous.

snow_knight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ask pro turbo builder kevin drinkle.. He will tell you how they work.. Think he is building a few of these now

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Biggest crock ever. These kits have been on cars for years. They are more of a restriction than anything. 80+HP???? Someones been smoking crack. Maybe a loss of 80hp. And on a sled? I doubt there would be much if any improvement. I would pay to see a cars Dyno chart proving 80hp gain lol. What a joke. By the way. It is literally impossible to compress air to 5psiyou with that motor and fan. You'd be further ahead ti take your money out of your pocket and light it on fire, and you would still have a faster sled than if you installed thus thing on it.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ask pro turbo builder kevin drinkle.. He will tell you how they work.. Think he is building a few of these now
He can tell me all he wants. Unless I see a Dyno chart its nothing but hot air. I'd also like to see gauges showing 5psi of air in the intake

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here is what you do. You buy five of them. Mount them a foot from the intake with a venturi system to each. Dont mount them inside the intake. Have them going through a venturi to drill holes in the intake. Wont cause a restriction just added air flow. Take pictures and let me know how it works.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
He can tell me all he wants. Unless I see a Dyno chart its nothing but hot air. I'd also like to see gauges showing 5psi of air in the intake

YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T CHECK THE SITE........... DYNO TEST AS YOU REQUESTED AND SAYS MORE TO COME!!!

Dyno

Last edited:

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
superchargertuning.com
performancechiptuning.com
cheapbmwparts.com
bmwheadlights.com
ledheadlight.net
mustanghealights.net

james johnson, eric johnson....list goes on. contact #+1.5211231245