Electric supercharger system...... 5 psi.......up to 80hp?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Anyone ever experiment with this system? They claim up to 80+hp on cars etc......... 5psi boost from a 950watt electric blower fan for supercharger like performance??

......thought i read something on snowest about someone trying to perfect this system??? Did anything become of it?

Interesting concept: http://www.superchargertuning.com/pages_contents/show/id/18

Attachments

• electric-supercharger-5-psi-vortex.jpg
    electric-supercharger-5-psi-vortex.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 420

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is the most ridiculous thing ever

there is no way in hell this thing can put through enough volume for 80 hp, I bet you you would LOSE hp with that thing plugging up your air intake

Reactions: NM

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hotrod magazine did a article with two leaf blowers on a 350 SBC... made a extra 20hp if i remember... i could see it, sleds dont need hugh volumes as they are not that large of a engine

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought about this while I was rototilling. We got an old 5hp Honda rototiller, I thought about rigging up a mobile (battery powered) vacuum to the air intake. just for fun.

Sent from Tapatalk

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boost is boost...doesn't really matter how you accomplish it. Reliability would probably be an issue though, and load on the electrical system on some sleds. My biggest problem with it is claiming 80hp from 5psi! Hmmmmmm......

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the output of the stater is close to 950watts.
And it takes 1.273970985 HP to make 950watts.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
REMEMBER THESE NUMBERS ARE FOR A CAR......... I SEE NONE OF YOU OPENED THE LINK? Faq

I WAS ONLY WONDERING IF ANYONE ACTUALLY EXPERIMENTED WITH ONE OF THESE KITS...........LIKE I SAID, I HEARD ABOUT IT ON SNOWEST A FEW YEARS AGO, AND NOW I SEE THEM BUILT FOR AUTOMOTIVE USE........

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet- I'm going to bolt one on to my intake and turbo charge the turbo maybe wire it up to 24v and really get some zing. Now where to find power.......

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
REMEMBER THESE NUMBERS ARE FOR A CAR......... I SEE NONE OF YOU OPENED THE LINK? Faq

I WAS ONLY WONDERING IF ANYONE ACTUALLY EXPERIMENTED WITH ONE OF THESE KITS...........LIKE I SAID, I HEARD ABOUT IT ON SNOWEST A FEW YEARS AGO, AND NOW I SEE THEM BUILT FOR AUTOMOTIVE USE........

A couple of years ago in Blue a birdie in the woods mentioned that Ken could be testing such a product.......give him a call.........I could be wrong.........

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well it is not recomended to run for long periods of time..... it is quite the product though

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
It could easily be adapted to run via a throttle position sensor for different levels of throttle activation or micro switches at different settings........ Theoretically it should work, if the fan can push enough volume

STOLLER99

Reaction score
you need a control box to run this setup to add more fuel when it is making boost and you need a switch hooked to your throttle so it only runs at wot

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I remember years ago when someone was trying to market this. I suggested measuring the cfms by taking the belt off of a sled, tip it on it's side and get your buddy to hold it at 8000 rpms. Now hold your face in front of the exhaust pipe. Then grab the fan and put 12 volts to it and have it blow in your face. If the motor blew harder than the fan, than you would lose power by using the fan, if the fan blew harder than the exhaust at 8000 rpm, then hook er up!! lol

Can't believe anyone would drink this koolaid.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think you need to do it summitric, bolt them twin pipes up with the boony box, a bigger battery, and big electric super sucker 5000 kit and really make some power, then when It dont work tell the wife you need a new E tec. lol I would think you should be able to get variable speed fan motors and then run them off the throttle positioning sensor, that way you could run them through out the hole RPM range. Might as well run some nitrous while your at it to.

Dano670

Reaction score
the idea seems feasible ,but the plastic blades or at least they look plastic would worry me and how do they hold up in the extreme cold and or changing temperatures ,you wouldn't want that going thru your engine at 8000 rev's .

Top Bottom