Electric start

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your sled is tuned up and running right why do you need electric start! More weight more things to go wrong! What's so hard about pulling it 2-3 times to start when you get there? And maybe 4-5 when it's really cold out! And if it's warm and you have to pull it more then 2 times! Fix it!!!

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
And don't forget taking care of another battery! I hate batteries. Too many toys with batteries that you have to look after, year after year. There are certainly other things I'd rather be doing than charging/maintaining putting in pulling out batteries. Quads boats, cars lawn tractors and so on...I order my sleds with the trusty pull cord only...and yes I'm bitter and proud about the fact.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when it's -20 my 700 dragon is a pain to start if you can get it to turn over the wifes 800 switchback has a decompression hole and is easy to start, electric start on both sleds next time. if a 800 pro is only 420 lbs adding electric start won't make that much different

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember reading about an issue with the Etec awhile back about a problem of some having an off idle hesitation due to not enough voltage or something causing issues with the ecm/injectors. It seemed adding a battery fixed the issue IIRC. Not 100% on the details but unless I experience the same problems, I will be doing one pull on the rope to start my '13 Etec.
I rolled my '04 Rev over many times and after letting it sit for a few minutes which was ample time for me to catch my breath anyways and/or clean out my shorts, it always started after a dozen pulls or so. And I could use the exercise anyways lol.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was worried I would have trouble starting my 2012 Polaris 800 at -25 so I got estart, but on those morning I made myself attempt to pull start it and I was successful, so now I know I can get by without it.

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
After having flooded out a sled, and cranking it over for about 20-30 seconds to get it to fire, I would not want to be without E-start. I have also had to pull the recoil starter about 20-50 times when it was flooded out, and the E-starter was not working. Maybe not for a EFI unit, but for a carburetted unit, definitely.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There will come a time when all the major manufacturers will only have E-start on the big sleds whether trail or mountain sleds. There will be no option for a pull start.

That's just a little prediction that I will make today while I contemplate pushing the button and dooing a nice long warm-up today…..

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
E-start for me. But if it makes you feel better to have to pull a starter rope then go right ahead.:d As for weight - my new sled is lighter with e-start than my old one was without it.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any engine other then the etec, I would want an electric start.

I love my E TEC ( well not right now cuz it just cost me a few bucks in sky hook fees) but after a long day of sledding, when Im sore and tired I wish I had E Start almost every time...Thats just me, maybe Im a wimp

Bulldog Racing

Reaction score
If you've ever had the "Pleasure" of pulling over a 1200 Big Bore at -25, you wouldn't even be asking this question. If its the weight your worried about, have one less cheese burger, it'll amount to about the same. LOL

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen recoils fail wayyyy more then and e start ever did, push a button or discloate shoulder on a cold morning?

Top Bottom