EGT sensors

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddys 06 rev is in my shop and we are going to be installing a two window digitron EGT gauge in it soon to watch the tmp rise when he hits the nitrous. wondering where people install the sensors (im assuming 1 in each side of the y pipe) and what normal temperatures are ????

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparently now hes only getting a 2 window, so one egt probe and one water sensor probe, how about tmp/mounting now?

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh yeah i thought you meant the two egt sensors were useless, no i agree i thought of that to, but he bought the three window so ya.....

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind could you post some pics after you get them installed? I would like to do the same thing and pics never hurt!

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we can def do that, wont be for bout a week tho, he just left on holidays and im workin on my sled, so ill try to remember, pm me in a week if i havnt got em up....

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool. I want to do mine and then take it all off and get the piping ceramic coated inside and out so I can remove the heat shield.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which cylinder in a rev is known to run the hottest? Put the probe in that's cylinder's Y-pipe location and just pray the other side doesn't melt down. :d:d:d

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i called down to digitron and they said to mount the probes 2 inches away from the flanges on the y pipe on each side (cylinder). i do believe it is the left cylinder that is the hotter of the two. and the only thing id be worried about in regards to having only 1 probe in the y pipe (on the hotter side) is that iff the NOS ever malfunctioned and only shot one side your never going to know and she is definitly gonna blow.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the two window digi with twin egt's. water temp and rpm. This is where I mounted the probes.

Attachments

• 101_0026.jpg
    101_0026.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 114

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That may be the best offer I've had since my wedding night...I may take you up on that the next time I have the pipes out (which is a real pain...)

Sounds like it was a good wedding night, lol. How many pipes does it have again? you might have to put it in the y pipe on the hot side being as its a single.

Top Bottom