EGT prob placement

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have this Pro Comp EGT im going to be running on a build and it has only 1 temp sensor instead of 2 like Digatrons. So where to mount the probe? The instructions recommend mounting after the turbo on turbo applications,, but this is an automotive sensor and im running it on a sled... So Im thinking middle of the y pipe would be best???

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you hoping to accomplish? It will be giving you a mixed reading off of both cylinders, barely worth the hassle of installing it imo.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you hoping to accomplish? It will be giving you a mixed reading off of both cylinders, barely worth the hassle of installing it imo.
I'm hoping to get an idea of what the exhaust gas temp is... And this is what i'm running, so thanks for nothing...lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put it in the Y-pipe. Expect it to be a waste. Cylinders regularly vary 50-90* between them.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put it in the Y-pipe. Expect it to be a waste. Cylinders regularly vary 50-90* between them.

Maybe not the best setup, but it should read the hotter of the 2 temps anyways and I'm just using it for jetting the sled (both carbs will be jetted the same) not watching it all day long. If you are doing a serious climb you wont be able to watch a EGT regardless of how many sensors you have. Thanks

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pto side typically runs hotter than mag. Placement for a 800r is 4" from the piston skirt normally. Placement also depends with flame front

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its 4'' for all single pipe applications and 6" for twins. As mentioned earlier I think you will be fine with having the one probe on the PTO side. I see nothing wrong with running a single probe if your using it for reference and peace of mind. Might as well use it if you have it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its 4'' for all single pipe applications and 6" for twins. As mentioned earlier I think you will be fine with having the one probe on the PTO side. I see nothing wrong with running a single probe if your using it for reference and peace of mind. Might as well use it if you have it.
Cool thanks. That is what I'll do, Just run it on the pto side:beer:

Top Bottom