EFI problems

polarisxcr

Reaction score
I have a 1996 polaris indy 650 fuel inj it starts and idles for maybe ten minutes then shuts down and when I try to give it full throttle it bogs out but will idle again. Just wondering if anybody had any ideals what the problem could be thanks.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it an Indy RXL??

Anyway places to start looking: check the safety switch at the throttle maybe it's not being pushed in when you squeeze the throttle?? If that's not the problem what state is the battery in: new? old? When I had a RXL I would have to put a new battery in every season. Another item to have checked is the throttle position sensor.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 93 arctic cat with efi that would always bog down and de fuel. Found out that it was the filter in the gas tank that had worn through and would alow either 2 much fuel or dirty fuel and the efi would cause it to go into a fail safe mode which would defuel the machine to prevent damage

ol man winter

Reaction score
on mine it was doing the same thing it was resiter in the efi had all kinds of probs changed chip and pipes ultimatly new efi box later removed box battery and efi system installed 38mm side slides shaved head it worked awsome

Top Bottom