Edmonton Sled Show

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 17 degree weather probably kept alot of peeps enjoying the outdoors. Friday night seemed pretty busy, not sure about Saturday but Sunday afternoon seemed not too busy.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say attendance was down but people that came were buying. I helped in the p rec booth- thanks to all that came by and checked us out and bought gear/clothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I felt that a couple vendors were more interested in talking with their buddies than helping people out. I questioned a couple on prices, asked a couple if they would match someone elses price(to buy things at one vendor rather than 2 or 3 vendors) and had one sales guy turn away from me. Also asked one vendor on a discount if I bought several of the same thing.... again was more interested in talking with his buddy.

Parking price sucked, line up to get show tickets was a 3 minute wait compared to the 30 minute line up last year. Parking was also A LOT easier due to lower count.

My one friend bought quite a bit(all new gear, av pack, bibs, jacket, helmet, etc)

With that said, I'll go next year. lol

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to a couple of vendors last night and they said it was slow. A lot of peeps looking but not buying. Most peeps just don't have the extra cash right now.

Ruralcowboy

Reaction score
First off, thanks to all the people who worked so hard to put this show on. I was disappointed this year. I found a few deals, but not half as many as last year (I went Sat AM). I agree with Isone that many venders were more interested in visiting with there friends. I left with money in my pockets, which speaks volumes. I spoke with the lady at the host hotel and she said they had a lot of cancelations. I won't be going next year.

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to a couple of vendors last night and they said it was slow. A lot of peeps looking but not buying. Most peeps just don't have the extra cash right now.

Just reminded me, a friend that was with me was ready to buy a Summit T3 163. However Skidoo was offering nothing. No price breaks or rebates so there really was no reason to buy a sled at the show. They were offering $2000-$2500 in rebates, however it only applied to old stock p-tec sleds which was a lame advertising technique to get people in. Even the sales people were annoyed by it lol.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Just reminded me, a friend that was with me was ready to buy a Summit T3 163. However Skidoo was offering nothing. No price breaks or rebates so there really was no reason to buy a sled at the show. They were offering $2000-$2500 in rebates, however it only applied to old stock p-tec sleds which was a lame advertising technique to get people in. Even the sales people were annoyed by it lol.

Actually I wasn't annoyed with anything at all... The T3 sp is a great price and an AWESOME machine... Price point is right in line if not less than the competetion. All brands had great booths this year and plenty of reasons to buy! Most people with larger mountain machines bought the T3 when they came out last year.. and didnt get alot of milage on them.... The summit sport did VERY well... And its going to give alot of people that didn't have the means before.. To get out a ride! Keep in mind what that sled was worth a few years ago... now with t-motion and a flex edge. If advertising the heck out of that is "Lame" then so be it! Was a great show! See everyone next year!

mooner

Reaction score
First and foremost... thanks to the great ppl that put in the time n effort to pull a show like this off... Thanks guys it is greatly appreciated! I drive in every yr from s'toon cause the edmonton show is just that much better. I come to see what's new in the tech accessories and always find a way to spend cash. this year i showed up with a bulge in my pocket, and ready to spend looking for Elka stage 3's a bumper and mini mod's (kids love sledding). after seeing that there wasn't much for mini's this yr and no elka, i found the bumper i wanted for my xm.... only the quality was crap... embarrassingly crappy .... not what i expected from this manufacturer... but because this show has the best is the industry showing up.... i was able to stop in at zbroz find a bumper that was close to what i was looking for and the quality was excellent... only crappy part is they didn't bring any stock to sell on the floor.... but i did order it.

see ya again next yr edmonton show :beer: (and hopefully the parking prices go down haha)

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually I wasn't annoyed with anything at all... The T3 sp is a great price and an AWESOME machine... Price point is right in line if not less than the competetion. All brands had great booths this year and plenty of reasons to buy! Most people with larger mountain machines bought the T3 when they came out last year.. and didnt get alot of milage on them.... The summit sport did VERY well... And its going to give alot of people that didn't have the means before.. To get out a ride! Keep in mind what that sled was worth a few years ago... now with t-motion and a flex edge. If advertising the heck out of that is "Lame" then so be it! Was a great show! See everyone next year!
Assuming youre the guy we talked to at the show? We didn't only talk to you guys. I called several shops and got several prices so Im not basing my statement on one conversation.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
For sure. I thought the same thing. Seems like they were trying to make the million bucks all back in one fell swoop at the Sled Show.

wait until you have to go to an event at Rexall and they add another $4 onto that parking......

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Our club memberships and trail pass numbers were WAY down..... but the weather often has a lot to do with that... with everyone talking about what a crappy snow year it's supposed to be and the day of show temp at 18C and sunny probably not many people thinking sledding.

We know the economy will impact us as well.... to many last year $70 was pocket change & I pressured people a lot more....this year it is what it is, I hope people buy a pass if/when they ride the trails but it is what it is.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
16 to park, 15 to get in, 3.25 for a bottle of water. Sorry but that's just the price for these events now a days. I drove up from Saskatoon so I'm not going to complain, it is what it is. Seen Plio and bogger in the beer garden but never managed to say hi to them and everyone they were with since their whole table seemed pretty busy. Maybe next year!!

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our club memberships and trail pass numbers were WAY down..... but the weather often has a lot to do with that... with everyone talking about what a crappy snow year it's supposed to be and the day of show temp at 18C and sunny probably not many people thinking sledding.

We know the economy will impact us as well.... to many last year $70 was pocket change & I pressured people a lot more....this year it is what it is, I hope people buy a pass if/when they ride the trails but it is what it is.
I hear ya there. Its bad when you hear about guys getting up early enough to beat the trail fee. Ive gone out of my way to send my money when getting down the trail early.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and i paid 25.00 for a pretzel and a beer at a german restaurant in lougheed. what a f84king dive that place is and then they charged us for stale cold meat and salad. there idea of a buffet is 2 pieces of meat and 2 salads no dessert.

Top Bottom