Edmonton Oilers.....

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something is fishy here...

It seems that neither sides know what the deal is here. Is there no people who document ch!t? FFS!

sounds like a garage sale... 1 week later...

Badass69, thanks for putting up with us hockey fans, you can get lost now..

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell katz he can fund it himself
why would he donate a 500mill arena to the city with the city reaping all the benifits and economic spinoff? And lets not forget the city insists on owning the arena. He already has over 100 mill of his own money commited to it that he wont get back in tax revenue like the city will just to get this going and THE CITY is going to own it, NOT KATZ.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something is fishy here...

It seems that neither sides know what the deal is here. Is there no people who document ch!t? FFS!

sounds like a garage sale... 1 week later...

Badass69, thanks for putting up with us hockey fans, you can get lost now..

Sorry bud, I live with an avid Oilers fan, not going anywhere. Document what?

How about documenting the fact that Edmonton should try and become a "world class city" before it pays through the nose for the arena. Maybe they should repair the roads that are falling apart, the same roads that can't handle anywhere near the traffic volume on them.... They can't even keep up with the infrastructure they have to pay for in the new housing developments. But none of that matters right because the hockey arena should take the forefront...... Or hell...... finish the Anthony Henday on the east end, that would be nice.

Sorry but this city needs a hell of a lot more things than that arena. Cutting out Northlands and leaving it between city council and Katz was a poor decision too.

Last edited:

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Northlands can go pound sand!!!All in all it is better that the oilers stay in Edmonton .Its only money!Edmonton politics are so not friendly to business in general, especially the OILERS!Mandel has done a pretty good job in his terms as mayor...At least better than previous mayors that city has had!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you been sleeping the last 5 years? Your talking Edmonton,right?. LMAO!

The city has been repaving streets for a few years now, which disrupts traffic a lot. Anyone who drives the city knows that. Single lanes everywhere, LRT construction in the last decade. Neighborhood revitalization....

Edmonton, compared to other large cities, doesn't have bad traffic jams. Sure the yellowhead, the Whitemud, but that now is mostly driver error. And henday south, Oh wait that's road construction...:rolleyes:Go to Vancouver where people take 3 hours to commute to work and their happy.

Hell I can drive from one end of the Edmonton to the next on a normal rush hour day in less than 1 hour...going through the city core!

As far as documentation, Why all of a sudden is the city asking Katz what he wants? I thought they came up with an agreement, and had everything on the table and are only short of money..

Badass69. Pay city taxes, then you can bitch all you want. I can see that you don't support the city of edmonton in any way, I'm sure the city supports a good portion of the town of Westlock with employment though.

How about documenting the fact that Edmonton should try and become a "world class city" before it pays through the nose for the arena. Maybe they should repair the roads that are falling apart, the same roads that can't handle anywhere near the traffic volume on them.... They can't even keep up with the infrastructure they have to pay for in the new housing developments. But none of that matters right because the hockey arena should take the forefront...... Or hell...... finish the Anthony Henday on the east end, that would be nice.

Sorry but this city needs a hell of a lot more things than that arena. Cutting out Northlands and leaving it between city council and Katz was a poor decision too.

Last edited:

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you been sleeping the last 5 years? Your talking Edmonton,right?. LMAO!

The city has been repaving streets for a few years now, which disrupts traffic a lot. Anyone who drives the city knows that. Single lanes everywhere, LRT construction in the last decade. Neighborhood revitalization....

Edmonton, compared to other large cities, doesn't have bad traffic jams. Sure the yellowhead, the Whitemud, but that now is mostly driver error. And henday south, Oh wait that's road construction...:rolleyes:Go to Vancouver where people take 3 hours to commute to work and their happy.

Hell I can drive from one end of the Edmonton to the next on a normal rush hour day in less than 1 hour...going through the city core!

As far as documentation, Why all of a sudden is the city asking Katz what he wants? I thought they came up with an agreement, and had everything on the table and are only short of money..

Badass69. Pay city taxes, then you can bitch all you want. I can see that you don't support the city of edmonton in any way, I'm sure the city supports a good portion of the town of Westlock with employment though.

Why the hell would I pay taxes into that mess? I don't much care what the rest of Westlock does as it is not my problem....I support local business, correct.... but that only makes sense. I don't work in Edmonton, and haven't for my entire career. It could fall off the face of the planet tomorrow and you are 100% percent correct, I couldn't care less. My oiler fan however does still pay city taxes, works there and I listen to it daily.....

But you know what, whine and complain about the Oilers all you guys want. Wayne Gretzky says they aren't leaving anytime soon so you have nothing to worry about right, lol.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goood!! are you done now?? LOL

So how does someone that lives in westlock pay city taxes?

Why the hell would I pay taxes into that mess? I don't much care what the rest of Westlock does as it is not my problem....I support local business, correct.... but that only makes sense. I don't work in Edmonton, and haven't for my entire career. It could fall off the face of the planet tomorrow and you are 100% percent correct, I couldn't care less. My oiler fan however does still pay city taxes, works there and I listen to it daily.....

But you know what, whine and complain about the Oilers all you guys want. Wayne Gretzky says they aren't leaving anytime soon so you have nothing to worry about right, lol.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup... Without a word of a lie, I can make it through Edmonton on the Yellowhead at 5pm in less time than I can make it through Saskatoon. Edmonton has handled their traffic planning WAY better than most cities have ever thought of.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goood!! are you done now?? LOL

So how does someone that lives in westlock pay city taxes?

Pretty simple and one would think self explanatory. Own property within city limits..... Amazing.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight... You have a room mate who owns property in Edmonton, works in Edmonton, but lives with you in Westlock? LOL that don't make any sense...

Pretty simple and one would think self explanatory. Own property within city limits..... Amazing.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• beat-a-dead-horse.jpg
    beat-a-dead-horse.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 78

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

dont you think that arena would go a LONG way to becoming a world class city? ya wanna play ya gota pay. construction is rolling along fine in the city.. anthony henday is already under construction. and im pretty sure you will find pot holes in any city that has a new arena too, there isnt a city that dosent have them. why WOULD they let northlands in? they are the biggest bunch of idiots out there, they drive EVERYTHING into the ground. the arena, k day's, the indy, you wouldent know the cfr was in town unless ya drove by while it was on. katz wont have anything to do with those idiots and rightfully so, they arnt fit to run an outhouse.

Top Bottom