Edmonton needs a new ring road?

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the problems I see is that the planners never plan for the future properly. They do their studies and by the time a road actually gets the upgrade the traffic is already overwhelming the new upgrades. That and once new wider roads are built people change the way they get around and the new roads are saturated the moment they are completed.

One other thing...people need to learn how to merg into traffic and also to share the road better. Even if they put in more lanes, people around here do not know how to use them IMO. Take a drive to Detroit or New York or other places with EXTREME traffic and you will see that they know how to share the road ten times better than Albertans!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the problems I see is that the planners never plan for the future properly. They do their studies and by the time a road actually gets the upgrade the traffic is already overwhelming the new upgrades. That and once new wider roads are built people change the way they get around and the new roads are saturated the moment they are completed.

One other thing...people need to learn how to merg into traffic and also to share the road better. Even if they put in more lanes, people around here do not know how to use them IMO. Take a drive to Detroit or New York or other places with EXTREME traffic and you will see that they know how to share the road ten times better than Albertans!

Ya I learned that quick travelling the USA holy Fawk are they ever on the gas no messing around there. First time I've had an elderly Chinese lady blow by me and give me a dirty look usually other way around lmao!

You know those flashing speed signs that say your going to fast and show your speed? I think every merge lane needs one

Step on it! Flashing over an over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a easy fix, why does the henday need 2 shoulders. There is enough pavement there for 3 lanes probably 4. Repaint the lines get rid of the shoulders. There I just saved the province 11 billion.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the stretch between Bezanson and GP west bound...retarded

City planers don't plan for the future at all, the way Edmonton is growing a 6 lane road should have been a no brainer

GP?
Hwy # 43 and dead end. Dip chits are years away from getting road around.
Let's bring everyone right into city.
Anyone out there know how much of the 9% road tax on fuel goes back into the roads in Ab?
Someone told me that only a couple %
And it shows.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a easy fix, why does the henday need 2 shoulders. There is enough pavement there for 3 lanes probably 4. Repaint the lines get rid of the shoulders. There I just saved the province 11 billion.

.....but you didn't help line the pockets of millionaires and billionaires with their development companies and sneaky plans to pilfer money out of the pockets of every day,hard working taxpayers.

Great idea though.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GP?
Hwy # 43 and dead end. Dip chits are years away from getting road around.
Let's bring everyone right into city.

Not to mention the amount of collisions at that stop sign, the amount of people that cross without looking, hardly a week goes by where I don't see a collision there.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

As said above..... people don't know how to merge. It's why every damn road around Edmonton gets backed up for miles as it cause the domino effect. Some idiot in the merge lane causes the outside lane to stop flowing..... so then everyone slowly changes lanes and voila...... bottleneck.

Merge means speed up to flow of traffic and move in...... not let's stop at the end of the merge lane and wait for some other idiot to stop or slow to 10 km/hr.....

Fix that problem ( which you can't) and the henday and most other roads for that matter would flow just fine.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya and Sylvan needs to reopen the 781/11 intersection too

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya..............................that is 100% provincially funded. the fact that edmonton is discounting the idea of a second ring road just goes to show they are going to wait until we are in desperate need of another one but let the provincial government bail them out again. Sure nothing wrong with that i guess it just means the big much needed infrastructure projects happen 10 years later than they should. thats all.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Facts please..

ya..............................that is 100% provincially funded. the fact that edmonton is discounting the idea of a second ring road just goes to show they are going to wait until we are in desperate need of another one but let the provincial government bail them out again. Sure nothing wrong with that i guess it just means the big much needed infrastructure projects happen 10 years later than they should. thats all.

It's hard to justify a new ring road..right now.. let's finish what we have...
Pay Edmontoin's property tax and then tell me other.. LOL

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about putting in a proper lrt system from spruce grove and s. park.... reduces traffic, frees up parking ...... same goes for the rest of the country, commuter trains move people way better than hiways. With a high speed train you could commute from Calgary to Edmonton, or Edmonton to Ft. Mac....

Canadians are waay to reliant on their vehicles, we're about 20 years behind Europe.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about putting in a proper lrt system from spruce grove and s. park.... reduces traffic, frees up parking ...... same goes for the rest of the country, commuter trains move people way better than hiways. With a high speed train you could commute from Calgary to Edmonton, or Edmonton to Ft. Mac....

Canadians are waay to reliant on their vehicles, we're about 20 years behind Europe.

What's an lrt

Top Bottom