Edge Juice w/Att - What level are you running for what?

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Lots of info out there both good and bad but feedback is much better.

Just installed mine in a TOTALLY stock 07 LBZ.

What do you use the various setting for? I tow a 6500lb travel trailer, 6000lb enclosed sled trailer, burn around the city and take long non-towing trips to he mountains to ski.

Just looking to what everyone else has figured out regarding settings.

Thanks,

Todd.
_______

Last edited:

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran mine on level 2 and 3 all the time pulling sleds in the mountains level 3 with my fifth wheel level 2. But I had 4 inch exhaust on mine to help keep the EGT's down with AFE stage 2 intake.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Run my dodge on level 3 all the time, except pulling the 28ft sled trailer(when loaded) or the 27ft holiday trailer when i put it to level 2.......... Gets better gas mileage on level 3 than on level 1, which is the "mileage" setting.....rarely use level 4 or 5, or 6(crazy eddy)....

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Run my dodge on level 3 all the time, except pulling the 28ft sled trailer(when loaded) or the 27ft holiday trailer when i put it to level 2.......... Gets better gas mileage on level 3 than on level 1, which is the "mileage" setting.....rarely use level 4 or 5, or 6(crazy eddy)....

Correct me if I am wrong 1 Ton.... There is only 5 levels on juice w/Att ?... Or u stacked ??? I run mine 1-3 levels most of time.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

correct me if i am wrong 1 ton.... There is only 5 levels on juice w/att ?... Or u stacked ??? I run mine 1-3 levels most of time.

for $100.00 you can submit for level 6(crazy eddy)......

Otherwise, only 5 levels!

AND YUP, I HAVE STACKED CHIPS.....

Last edited:

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
What is #6 ...150 horses ????

Level 1: 30 Horsepower - 60 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 2: 40 Horsepower - 80 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 3: 50 Horsepower - 90 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 4: 60 Horsepower - 100 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 5: 80 Horsepower - 130 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 6: 100 Horsepower - 200 Foot Pounds of Torque
Hot Unlock Code plus additional fee required for level 6. For pricing information and to get the unlock code you must complete a waiver located under hot unlock form.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to run on level 3 all the time until the unit kept shutting down my truck.....I gotta send it in for some repair:mad::mad:

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
I used to run on level 3 all the time until the unit kept shutting down my truck.....I gotta send it in for some repair:mad::mad:

I've only had it in for a week and not problems...so far I've been running on 3 and love the new snap !! Have not had it in long enough to calculate fuel economy changes..good or bad...but man...what a difference!!!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Have a 2002 Duramax with fresh air kit.
Ran my juice at 2 or 3 most of the time for roughly 5 years.
Made good power and a noticeable difference when pulling a loaded sled or travel trailer. Became a problem this spring when it started to eat my Cam Sensors on the truck. Currently disconnected and I miss it.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
have a 2002 duramax with fresh air kit.
Made good power and a noticeable difference when pulling a loaded sled or travel trailer. Became a problem this spring when it started to eat my cam sensors on the truck. Currently disconnected and i miss it.

send yours in and get it fixed, or buy a new one....... Just sayin'

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Have a 2002 Duramax with fresh air kit.
Made good power and a noticeable difference when pulling a loaded sled or travel trailer. Became a problem this spring when it started to eat my Cam Sensors on the truck. Currently disconnected and I miss it.

Mine doesn't have teeth!!! What do you mean by this SB?

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Summitric, the level 1 "mileage" mode is not very effective at gaining mileage at all. I have an 04 2500HD Crew Short box GMC with the edge juice/attitude, and I have 4" MBRP downpipe back stainless exhaust, and am wondering what the best bang for buck cold air intake would be, and if it would help with mileage any more (4" exhaust helped a little bit, but helped significantly with lowering EGT's - about 200deg when pulling). I just don't want to spend 300-500 on a Cold Air Intake, and then not have it pay off (plan on keeping the truck for a while). Thoughts?

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
I agree with Summitric, the level 1 "mileage" mode is not very effective at gaining mileage at all. I have an 04 2500HD Crew Short box GMC with the edge juice/attitude, and I have 4" MBRP downpipe back stainless exhaust, and am wondering what the best bang for buck cold air intake would be, and if it would help with mileage any more (4" exhaust helped a little bit, but helped significantly with lowering EGT's - about 200deg when pulling). I just don't want to spend 300-500 on a Cold Air Intake, and then not have it pay off (plan on keeping the truck for a while). Thoughts?

Yip...thoughts >> Same boat!!...I'm seriously looking at a new intake system but have not finished the research...I'll post on thedieselpalce.com and see what other have experienced. So far I love the Edge and want to do the exhaust but unlike the Edge cannot remove the exhaust for warranty issues and have heard that DPF/CAT delete voids warranty. :(:(:(

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
First...I installed the cold air intake.... Ran it for 6 Months, Then did the 4" stainless blow pipe...Again over 6 months (Was kind of not sure on the enhancement thing):confused: .... Finally give it the big Banana ! :) So far all good, I just donot run around with full stroke !

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
First...I installed the cold air intake.... Ran it for 6 Months, Then did the 4" stainless blow pipe...Again over 6 months (Was kind of not sure on the enhancement thing):confused: .... Finally give it the big Banana ! :) So far all good, I just donot run around with full stroke !

Initial reaction is that I seem to be getting better fuel economy at 3 with a large gain in power...so far so good!!!:d

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i agree with summitric i had and edge with additude in my dodge cummins and i didnt see any milage increase one level 1 at all i seen was $$$$$$$ friggin thing cost me $10000 for a new motor i learnt a hard lesson leave it stock well this should start a fight on here but iam just saying i learnt the hard way U PAY TO PLAY iam leaving my new 09 ford super duty stock have 1000km on it and seeing 20mpg on computer allready not bad so far:eek:

Last edited:

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
well i agree with summitric i had and edge with additude in my dodge cummins and i didnt see any milage increase one level 1 at all i seen was $$$$$$$ friggin thing cost me $10000 for a new motor i learnt a hard lesson leave it stock well this should start a fight on here but iam just saying i learnt the hard way U PAY TO PLAY iam leaving my new 09 ford super duty stock have 1000km on it and seeing 20mpg on computer allready not bad so far:eek:

Hey GB...sorry to hear about your experience...I did a ton of research before I bought the unit and installed it. Yes...there have been issues...some can be directly attributed to the mod folks have done and some to inherent driving styles plus the mod.

My goal here was not to race my truck or kick azz of the line, it was to gain the some of the power the Dmax is hiding...but most of all to reap some economy benefits while doing that...I realize there is risk with any mod one does...thanks for your feedback...Todd.

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your 04 is an LLY.

The stock LLY mouthpiece is a known "weak link" in the air induction system. It is under sized and restrictive to such a degree that it causes turbulence directly in front of the turbo impeller. Turbulent flow = loss of efficiency. This loss of efficiency is at it's worst during high load situations that require a large amount of airflow to the turbo. The problem is compounded even further when increased performance is desired via a tuner/programmer. Adding boost pressure over stock requires more airflow through the mouthpiece, which makes the effect of the turbulence greater, causing it to impact efficiency even more.
Replacing the mouthpiece with a larger and less restrictive version will correct this shortcoming, giving you back the lost efficiency of your turbo.

Dieselplace.com has lots of info.

Cheers
Chris

Top Bottom