Ecu 18? Trouble shooting

snowslut

Reaction score
I was riding my '10 m8 this weekend on the farm and ecu 18 kept showing up. Could it be the power cables or a ****ty plug. It was real boggy. I could really use some help. Thanks

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had that on my 10 m8 happen I adjusted the cables and it would keep intermittently happen and I threw a new servo on and the problem went away. If I were to do it over again I would get the STM exhaust valve kit and get rid of the servo completely. Then it's totally tuneable. Next time a motor goes I'll be doing this mod.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The black electric motor that your cables are connected to. It's located back by your secondary.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding my '10 m8 this weekend on the farm and ecu 18 kept showing up. Could it be the power cables or a ****ty plug. It was real boggy. I could really use some help. Thanks

Code 18 is a servo motor.

New servomotor is $551 from Cat, or you can get the piston/bellow STM valves. Yes it will eliminate the servo altogether, it runs on pressure. Have only heard good things about the STM valves, still $100+ cheaper than the servo motor.

Your call :D

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be cheapest just ordering direct from STM. I'm sure if you call them they can rush it in if needed. They will also build it to suit your sled and riding style by springing it different.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Code 18 is a servo motor.

New servomotor is $551 from Cat, or you can get the piston/bellow STM valves. Yes it will eliminate the servo altogether, it runs on pressure. Have only heard good things about the STM valves, still $100+ cheaper than the servo motor.

Your call :D

Modman have you ever tried running the STM set up with a turbo? I'm interested in possibly doing this if there is any reasonable gains on te turbo application.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Modman have you ever tried running the STM set up with a turbo? I'm interested in possibly doing this if there is any reasonable gains on te turbo application.

No sorry no experience with the STMs on boost. Call Deano at Mad Motorsports, he knows the set up for a TM1000 well, if anyone knows I think it would be either him or Linderman.

Top Bottom