ECOBOOST in a F-250???

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well ive searched but i cant seem to find anything on the net about it. Has anyone on here got ford hook ups?

What do you guys think, Im hoping it will be offered (perhaps even a twin turbo v8 5.0L version :eek:)

even holding out on buying a newer diesel for it:d:d:confused:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I've been told is that the 3.5L V6 Eco will be available in the F250 next year. Won't be available in the F350 and up. My Eco is no slouch. It actually only has 5 ft-lb less torque and 55 more hp than my 99 V10 2 valve F250 Superduty. No word of a V8 Eco, but I would love it if they did. A lot of the benefits of a diesel without all the particulate filter and urea injection junk.

Last edited:

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of the benefits of a diesel without all the particulate filter and urea injection junk.

Yea thats what i was thinkin ....Went out and looked at some diesels last week but i still like the idea if a gas job for maintence and urea/filters etc.....Also there is times where i cant park in a warm garage or plug in. not to mention the MPG of the eco boost....I firgure if there claiming 30mpg for the f-150 so means real world on the highway they are getting 26(i think thats awesome) then for a f-250 its not unrealistic for them to get 22mpg then real world would prob be closer to 19....nothing wrong with that for a gas job 3/4 ton.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea thats what i was thinkin ....Went out and looked at some diesels last week but i still like the idea if a gas job for maintence and urea/filters etc.....Also there is times where i cant park in a warm garage or plug in. not to mention the MPG of the eco boost....I firgure if there claiming 30mpg for the f-150 so means real world on the highway they are getting 26(i think thats awesome) then for a f-250 its not unrealistic for them to get 22mpg then real world would prob be closer to 19....nothing wrong with that for a gas job 3/4 ton.

we were test drivin an eco this week had it for 2 days 90% highway driving. 10,000k on unit got nowhere near 30mpg we averaged for the 2 days, 250+km, 11.8 l/100km. we let tehm keep that unit as we found out it is a ft macmurray rental, or was anyways. have the 5.0 now and getting 12.1 so mpg between the 2 is negligable, power is close, within 20hp i believe and torque is 40 ft/lbs diff. eco was way quiter and smoother engine but still impressed with the 5.0 over the 5.4 in my 09.
would bve nice to see a v6 3/4 ton though as well.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were three pictures of a eco boost 6.2L on Ford Truck Enthusiasts for less than a day.Suggest they were not saposed to be there.That's the rumor I am hereing from my friend that works for a dealer.That would be nice.Might think of trading my trusty V10 for that.The 6.2L could use the help IMO.

van isle

Reaction score
The 5.0L would be a better choice to be a Ecoboost then the 6.2L is only a single over head cam engine.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were three pictures of a eco boost 6.2L on Ford Truck Enthusiasts for less than a day.Suggest they were not saposed to be there.That's the rumor I am hereing from my friend that works for a dealer.That would be nice.Might think of trading my trusty V10 for that.The 6.2L could use the help IMO.

I would expect a Eco 5.0L or a smaller displacement V8 Eco, but a 6.2 Eco would rock! I loved my 99 V10. Awesome engine.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have four Ford v10's currently in our family.2-99,1-01 and my 03.Everyone of us love them.None of them have had anything go wrong with them.I have seviced all four of them all there lives.When we all go camping together,we use more fuel in a single weekend then most families do in a full year.;)They all have been worked hard from day 1 and they just seem to take it in stride.

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were test drivin an eco this week had it for 2 days 90% highway driving. 10,000k on unit got nowhere near 30mpg we averaged for the 2 days, 250+km, 11.8 l/100km. We let tehm keep that unit as we found out it is a ft macmurray rental, or was anyways. Have the 5.0 now and getting 12.1 so mpg between the 2 is negligable, power is close, within 20hp i believe and torque is 40 ft/lbs diff. Eco was way quiter and smoother engine but still impressed with the 5.0 over the 5.4 in my 09.
Would bve nice to see a v6 3/4 ton though as well.

if you were getting 11.8 l/100 kms then that is 23.9 mpg which is not bad considering it was not all hwy. I have heard from a buddy who has the truck that he can get to 26 mpg real world mileage straight highway at 115 kph.

Top Bottom