Easy Ways to Lighten up a 900 PRO?

braapin

Reaction score
My dad has a Carl's Cycle 900 PRO with a 163 x 3" Track, and I have ridden it a couple times this year. I love the sled and am thinking about buying it from him next year. It is still easy to throw around and maneuverable as any pro, but it does feel a little heavier. I was wondering what, besides putting a stock track and engine back on it I could do to lose some weight to make up for the additional rotating mass that it has.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad has a Carl's Cycle 900 PRO with a 163 x 3" Track, and I have ridden it a couple times this year. I love the sled and am thinking about buying it from him next year. It is still easy to throw around and maneuverable as any pro, but it does feel a little heavier. I was wondering what, besides putting a stock track and engine back on it I could do to lose some weight to make up for the additional rotating mass that it has.

Wat yr?? 13+ is alot diff then 12-

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That big bore won't weigh any noticeable amount more then the stock motor. I would keep that! Take the sled and play with shock, limiter strap, spring tensions and stuff like that you will be surprised on how much difference it will make!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
36" front end won't lighten it up when stuck, but flippin it side to side and side hilling you will notice it. Think you might be the first one to ever say the "pro feels heavy". the deeper your pockets the lighter it will get. Check out chris burandts 2014 sled build for ideas.

rmscustom

Reaction score
Just thinking here... Maybe its not the weight but the 3" track that is making it feel heavy... Everybody talks like the 3" is the best thing to ever happen to a sled but from a few good riders I trust I keep hearing things like it wants to right the sled, pushes forward instead of turning and you need to adjust the way your used to riding. Seen a few independent ride reports on the T3 that sound similar. I just having a hard time buying into that putting that much rubber under a sled doesn't hurt the "flickability" at all.
Just a thought.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could port the track if it isn't already? That would be free, easy and would shed some rotational mass.

braapin

Reaction score
Yeah I definitely think it is the track. On deep days I know I will be glad to have it. Too bad it didn't take 5 minutes to swap out a track every day based on conditions.

Top Bottom