Easy way to change weights

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a good and easy way to change the weights on my 08 700 rmk? I dont have a clutch tool to remove the clutch. So any ideas is great!

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy one they are cheap and save a lot of headaces just pull the clutch and do it on the bench the easiest way good luck

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Y u doing clutch work now??? Woried Ur going to have to keep the wifes and cams company???

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this info on another site when i was looking to mine as well,
Pretty simple to change clutch weights.. get 2 good sized straight screwdrivers(about 12-16 in long), a 1/2in. chrome socket, an eigth in alan wrench(I think?), and a 3/8 wrench...so you remove the belt, use the two screwdrivers to pry open the clutch by slipping them between the spider and the movable sheave, once open far enough you slip the socket in to hold the clutch closed, then remove the weight bolts 1 at a time and remove the weights, install new weights and when all done pry the clutch back open and remove the socket...best to have someone show you how to do it first though..then do it yourself with them watching

bren3flames

Reaction score
I use a smaller pry bar and close the clutch and then just slide a socket in there and then just change the weights one at a time, its worked pretty good for me so far

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
socket,wrench and screw driver is all i have ever used not tough oh ya allen wrench on my cats

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a small U shaped piece that i slide over the clutch when I pry it closed. Then just spin the clutch and change them 1 at a time.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy some adjustables and never have to worry again as long as you can run an allen wrench

Last edited:

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is some pic's of how i do mine just to give u a better idea,and i just made the tool.
Insert the tool,pry open the spider and then insert the socket,remove the tool and now you can change the weights.Hope this help you out

Clutch 1.jpg Clutch 2.jpg Clutch 3.jpg Clutch tool.jpg

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those pics were really helpfull thanks!

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
Y u doing clutch work now??? Woried Ur going to have to keep the wifes and cams company???

now now tex be nice, at least we will have more than one video camera going with sparkles at the bottom or maybe he can make it half way up and get some really good footage from there.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Sparky. Tilt uses a flat blade and socket for his poo clutch on his doo mod. Just recalled helping him. Works just fine on the trail or hill. Still not as easy as a clicker tho. Ride a doo too

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you RUDY for the info and pics of the handy home made tool for the job. It will help in scaring my fellow doo riders when the 700 is is keeping and passing them with ease! Tex and Kelly think of the Jaws theme song when im around! LoL

Top Bottom