Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2018 - 2019

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eagles takes a little longer to fill in...as mentioned above most of us locals and guys that have been riding in eagles for years and years don’t go in until mid dec on a good snow year and as a rule of thumb it’s usually good to go for Xmas time. It takes a lot of snow to fill in all the fallen timber and stumps. I’ve broken many parts and many sleds trying to get in this time of year. Live and learn

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in the area and won't go up til mid Dec at earliest but generally after Christmas.

I get that as it is the safe decision. Guys do starting heading in there late November and I've ridden there first and second week of December last couple years. Sure getting through the burn can be touch and go, but once you're past that its back to the regular hazards of any area early season.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if that will happen this year as snow is slim yet. Silver Star ski resort is postponing its opening due to lack of snow. Whistler revoked all ski passes for their workers to save for the guests. On the news they are now saying don't expect a huge snow pack this winter due to the beginning of an El Nino. I guess time will tell!

I get that as it is the safe decision. Guys do starting heading in there late November and I've ridden there first and second week of December last couple years. Sure getting through the burn can be touch and go, but once you're past that its back to the regular hazards of any area early season.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might of had a good day yesterday
059f4a2555db6baf281b7288968123ad.jpg

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail in there sucked last winter. Good to be first after a dump for that run.

go big

Reaction score
hows the trail and the parking into eagles? curious for the weekend.

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of rain lately but also rained all the way up to queest chalet yesterday!

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Eagles Thursday and today , broke the trail back to Copeland Mine today, the snow is significantly better the further back you go , didn’t get a chance to probe , at the back where we were I’d guess we were riding around 50-60cm of fresh and closer to the cabin around 30-40. Parking at the 2km lot with full snow coverage , although coverage is very thin from there till the 15k mark or so , the trail was in better shape than we expected .

snorider99

Reaction score
We rode Eagles Thursday and today , broke the trail back to Copeland Mine today, the snow is significantly better the further back you go , didn’t get a chance to probe , at the back where we were I’d guess we were riding around 50-60cm of fresh and closer to the cabin around 30-40. Parking at the 2km lot with full snow coverage , although coverage is very thin from there till the 15k mark or so , the trail was in better shape than we expected .

How was crossing the lakes? I heard they aren't froze yet..

Top Bottom