Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0201.JPG

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's parking at eagles right now? Snow line hasn't receeded at all yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattalind

Reaction score
10 of us from Saskatchie came by and rode the 10/11/12. Eagles 10th & 11th (awesome! first day guided and went pretty deep in...2nd day unguided, stayed within 3 km of the cabin and found deep untouched all day long) and Blue Lake on the 12th. Blue was pretty awesome too, although I think Eagles gave up better goods, at least for our group. We hit everything at a pretty good time as things have warmed up a bit but it was incredible when we were there.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the day up Queest with Billdozer and the "East boys" again, hoping to get to the backside before rain or fog set in. That didn't work, just got to the towers and it was zero vis, again! So, we hit the lower lake area and it was actually pretty good, deep but very heavy snow, through the trees where no other sledders had gone. It was so good in fact that at one point all 5 of us were stuck at one time but, one by one dug out, good crew for that!! We tore it up as much as we could and gave the backside another try, still less than zero vis, so we went with plan Q ? We headed back down the trail and went into some cutblocks below that lake we were at. Not a track around but, the snow had settled allot from a few days ago and it was very heavy. What was supposed to be a simple trek through some cutblocks turned out to be one of the most tiring days out this year, I lost track of sleds getting stuck!! Weird snow again, heavy on top but break through a foot of it and it was sugar, and the whole sled would sink. Right up to us getting out of there just before dark, guys were still getting stuck, 5 tired old guys for sure! Well, 3 old guys and a couple younger ones. In any event, another great day out, lots of laughs and lots of grunting, good job boys!!

Attachments

• 170215a.jpg
    170215a.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 287
  • 170215b.jpg
    170215b.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 281
  • 170215c.jpg
    170215c.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 170215d.jpg
    170215d.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 285

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was that you guys at like 7:30 ish this am going up

I could hear ya

sent while drinking tea's

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was that you guys at like 7:30 ish this am going up

I could hear ya

Well I was the first truck in the lot so must have been some "sneakers" going up the trail from somewhere! I wish I could get them to go that early but you know how tourists are, on holidays! Ya, the snow is really starting to suck, again, above freezing all day up there, could be a good reason for the fog. Unless we get a helluva dump and some colder temps we could be FUBAR'd for some time, short of sunny trail rides. I think I hear the fish calling!!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was the first truck in the lot so must have been some "sneakers" going up the trail from somewhere! I wish I could get them to go that early but you know how tourists are, on holidays! Ya, the snow is really starting to suck, again, above freezing all day up there, could be a good reason for the fog. Unless we get a helluva dump and some colder temps we could be FUBAR'd for some time, short of sunny trail rides. I think I hear the fish calling!!!
Yes the sneakers going up the back way and bypassing the pay booth is b.s

Probably don't want to get caught in the act

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Sherm Whoa that snow got heavy yesterday, these warm temps and rain are making for drive and look around sledding, not what we thirst for! P.S. it pouring here in Town this morning :Cry::Cry::Cry:

Last edited:

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes snow conditions have drastically change from a week ago - headed up from owls parking lot toward Blue - trail still in decent shape - the snow pack has defiantly settled alot - it has rained above 5000ft! we headed toward Blue where we could see a snow line - but the snow that fell is very moist and has put a soft layer of snow on powder - (if that makes sense ) - once u break through that layer and if ur not prepared - ur done ! the snow through lower meadows before cabin was very heavy - made it very hard to steer - we ventured to valleys west of cabin to find better untouched snow but as we headed farther south visbilty wasnt the greastest - very flat light and you could almost see the fog/cloud rolling through the valley - played a bit - ventured back toward Blue lake where it was so foggy we decided to head back to lower terrain where we played in lower meadows before the cabin - hopefully condition get a little colder or this is going to b a short season !

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes snow conditions have drastically change from a week ago - headed up from owls parking lot toward Blue - trail still in decent shape - the snow pack has defiantly settled alot - it has rained above 5000ft! we headed toward Blue where we could see a snow line - but the snow that fell is very moist and has put a soft layer of snow on powder - (if that makes sense ) - once u break through that layer and if ur not prepared - ur done ! the snow through lower meadows before cabin was very heavy - made it very hard to steer - we ventured to valleys west of cabin to find better untouched snow but as we headed farther south visbilty wasnt the greastest - very flat light and you could almost see the fog/cloud rolling through the valley - played a bit - ventured back toward Blue lake where it was so foggy we decided to head back to lower terrain where we played in lower meadows before the cabin - hopefully condition get a little colder or this is going to b a short season !
did you get rained on like lilduke?

Top Bottom