Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well not sure what dance u were doing Sherm but the skis gave another refreshing of snow over night -headed up toward blue cabin 6 inches of fresh and over top bunny hill and to the south west meadows were untouched - couple days ago it was tracked out - Today over bumper snow ! Was short day but managed to put on 80 k today - unfortunately headed home ! Blue skis and meadow after meadow of pillowy powder !

It was a combo pole dance thingy out in the yard, the Mrs. wasn't impressed and hid the tequila after that but, if it worked then who cares! Decent of you to leave us some, I guess we'd better get our crew together and go wreck whats left!!!

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So reading up on the sledsicamous.com, it says Eagle Valley is not for novice riders.

What classifies someone as a novice rider? Can't sidehill? Carve? Ride a trail? Lol

I'm confident in my groups abilities, but is there anything we should watch out for?

Cheers

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it's good area, but has lots of big stuff

sent while drinking tea's

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Premium groom job on the Blue Lk trail, good job boys! We had a crew of 8 today, myself and Billdozer and the other 6 were the East boys! We checked out the meadows on the way up, somewhat trounced, there was about 6" of new snow out in the open stuff but a bit deeper in around the trees, no good! We made our way to the backside of Blue Lk and that's where the snow got really good, up to 2' when you were willing to duck down a few tree benches! Strange thing, no one wanted to follow me?? I did manage to get 2 of the boys to take a trip down Brown Pants, not a track down there, excellent snow on that entire side of the ridge. FYI, that hill at BP's has slid, not the usual amount as in some years past, it doesn't have that big cornice on it that it can get sometimes. From here the boys played around in the meadows above BP and to the top trail back to the cabin, pretty beat, as it was around the cabin. We did the cutblock behind Cummings, no tracks but the snow was set up pretty good from the sun so no carnage there! Good news is that it was cold up there, a nice brisk breeze most of the day so that should keep conditions in tip top shape but, and here's the broken record, we need another dump!! Oh, that pic of me, not sure why the boys wanted me to put it on, just checking the track, as usual!

Attachments

• 170223a.jpg
    170223a.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 170223b.jpg
    170223b.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 170223c.jpg
    170223c.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 227
  • 170223d.jpg
    170223d.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 170223e.jpg
    170223e.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 235
  • 170223f.jpg
    170223f.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 228

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are there any places in sicamous that sells boots for a decent price? Mine are effed and my feet were soaked today.

Eagles Pass was great!

Thanks!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powder lites, papa's marine, Moe's rentals, the doo dealer has klim now

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Premium groom job on the Blue Lk trail, good job boys! We had a crew of 8 today, myself and Billdozer and the other 6 were the East boys! We checked out the meadows on the way up, somewhat trounced, there was about 6" of new snow out in the open stuff but a bit deeper in around the trees, no good! We made our way to the backside of Blue Lk and that's where the snow got really good, up to 2' when you were willing to duck down a few tree benches! Strange thing, no one wanted to follow me?? I did manage to get 2 of the boys to take a trip down Brown Pants, not a track down there, excellent snow on that entire side of the ridge. FYI, that hill at BP's has slid, not the usual amount as in some years past, it doesn't have that big cornice on it that it can get sometimes. From here the boys played around in the meadows above BP and to the top trail back to the cabin, pretty beat, as it was around the cabin. We did the cutblock behind Cummings, no tracks but the snow was set up pretty good from the sun so no carnage there! Good news is that it was cold up there, a nice brisk breeze most of the day so that should keep conditions in tip top shape but, and here's the broken record, we need another dump!! Oh, that pic of me, not sure why the boys wanted me to put it on, just checking the track, as usual!

It looks like bill's sled was checking out your track as well. We did the owlhead to hunter's thing snow was good surprised to see that many sleds out on a Thursday as well as being pleasantly surprised by the coverage at the bottom.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks like bill's sled was checking out your track as well. We did the owlhead to hunter's thing snow was good surprised to see that many sleds out on a Thursday as well as being pleasantly surprised by the coverage at the bottom.

I believe it was a mating urge, we Doo guys know how bad some sledder'so would like to switch, mating is the first step, and Ski Poo, or a Poo Doo, or something else perverse. Buy your own! He bent my plate too!��

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You backed into me :devildancing:
I believe it was a mating urge, we Doo guys know how bad some sledder'so would like to switch, mating is the first step, and Ski Poo, or a Poo Doo, or something else perverse. Buy your own! He bent my plate too!��

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You backed into me :devildancing:

I'll bet you say that to all the Doo guys!! On another topic with no perversion, for those of you that already have a Doo, seen that article on the Shot starter system for the new 2018s, pretty danged slick! Problem is you can't get it after market........

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thing with iT if it screws up after warranty it big cash

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sicamous Doo dealer is done.. signs are down, looks like he going to sell Chinese stuff
He is still selling klim and servicing skidoo stuff

Yes he is the only interior cfm dealer in b.c

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thing with iT if it screws up after warranty it big cash

No moving parts, the battery pack should last so it'd be the computer end of it that could FUBAR, but then you always have the good old pull start! The Shot sure beats the old starter/battery system though....

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a capacitor. It's not new technology or even a new use for it. Been used used for starting before. You could even modify an existing system to accept a capacitor and it would work in the same manner.

Anyhow. Taking a few days off from riding. Back to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom