Reaction score
No logging at eagles this year

Just waiting for snow to come down to ride

sent while drinking tea's

Reactions: GRD

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody sledding up eagle pass yet? or is it too early with the lakes up there? i know the road up can be brutal too when they are logging

Lots have tried with no success that I've heard of so far. Still need more snow down low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride to owlshead today, parked at 9 km and boy is that road worse than I recall

The trail up from 17 km is one word, junk lol

Creek crossings everywhere. Deep belt slipping submarine depths

Even around the cabin I've never seen the creeks the same way and flowing

On a side note, snow was retarded deep and sun came out and would say not very many have been there to ride

Went up over skinny ridge, down around super bowl, down to Morton and back up the the climb below Mara look out

Decided to header back cause the creek crossing was worse going back the other way, made a sort of snow bridge in a new place, but water pretty much took it all and Creek bank jumping was the 2nd plan

Trail to 17 is 100 times better than the bluelake trail

BillyYork

Reaction score
Drove to revy today and it poured rain the whole way and was around 5 degrees, snow line was low. That can only mean it's dumping up there now.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots have tried with no success that I've heard of so far. Still need more snow down low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did our 5th annual break trail into eagles today. Was a blast as always, and took most of the day to make our way to the cabin. Lots of carnage and super technical this time of the year with all the stumps and logs. We successfully made it all the way to the cabin! DO NOT RECOMMEND GOING IN YET!! This does not mean it's ready to ride yet! Still needs a ton more snow! We parked at KM 18 - previous years we have staged as low as KM6 We have a great start of a trail laid down but you better be on your A game as it's pretty thin from the gas drop through the lower burn.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanx for the info - I figured the trail up to eagle pass would be just ****ING RANK

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did our 5th annual break trail into eagles today. Was a blast as always, and took most of the day to make our way to the cabin. Lots of carnage and super technical this time of the year with all the stumps and logs. We successfully made it all the way to the cabin! DO NOT RECOMMEND GOING IN YET!! This does not mean it's ready to ride yet! Still needs a ton more snow! We parked at KM 18 - previous years we have staged as low as KM6 We have a great start of a trail laid down but you better be on your A game as it's pretty thin from the gas drop through the lower burn.
You where at bluelake Saturday too right??

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Billdozer, Mr and Mrs Nasty and myself did a trip into Blue today. First time out for Mrs N. and I gotta say, what a great gal and a trooper, put up with us old bastards all day and did an amazing job on her new XM, two thumbs up for Mrs. N ! Now the rest of us, we did OK, well Mr. N had troubles, a whoop de doo fly over the handlebars trick with one tree event and then a another low level pass over another tree, not sure what was going on with those! Billdozer didn't disappoint either, he in fact did a classic Billdozer Barrel Roll right out in the middle of a huge field, and was pinned, it was beautiful!! The only sad part is I forgot my fricking camera in the truck, another lost moment in time! Snow wise, WE NEED ANOTHER 3 FEET !! Did I mention the trail, I know Tex did, my god, brutal doesn't come close, how about I'd rather have a vasectomy without freezing rather than go on that trail again, or even have all my teeth pulled out without freezing, did I mention it sucked! WOW!
Anyways, no fresh snow really to speak of, everything was pretty much beat up BUT, we found one of those secret spots where no one had been, not a track, nothing, and we beat the living bejesus out of it before anyone else showed up. Great day where we played, you can sled with us anytime Mrs. N !!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya well Saturday I.d say 100 sleds, Sunday probably about the same

Lots and lots of traffic === sh!tty wooped up junk lol

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Billdozer Now she wants a electric start!! Thanks to Sherm for teaching her stubborn ass a few things here and there, she wouldn't listen to me! All I got was a lecture for driving too fast on the trail,doing too many flips over the handle bars and not having electric start on her sled, really starting to rethink this sledding together BS. Oh and yes the trail, wowzers!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same with my wife nasty, no electronic start no go

Guess she don't get my hand me down 14 xm when I get a new one, cause it's not e.s lol

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, you gotta have something going for the Poo, come on BN, give Billy a break! That other thing that happened with Billdozer shall remain a secret, did you get that dent out? I always like taking couples out sledding, especially first timers. I can recall more than once Mrs. N "telling" Mr. N , "I want to talk to you at the bottom of the hill!", its great!! My Mrs. doesn't even talk to me sooooooooooooo, that's a good thing??

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hot off the presses, some pic's that BN sent me! BN himself and his love affair with tree's, Mrs. N sporting ALL her new sled stuff, and after giving the new sled a ride I must say that 154 does rip, and, Billdozer after being rescued from his near death experience after being pinned under his sled from a patented barrel roll in the middle of a big field!
I had a couple PMs, we unloaded at 9km however, by the time we came down it was mud from 9 to at least 10 so, short of getting a good dump of new snow we'll be having to move up to unload again!

Attachments

• 161128a.jpg
    161128a.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 543
  • 161128b.jpg
    161128b.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 511
  • 161128c.jpg
    161128c.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 525

Cochraneoutlander

Reaction score
Looking at riding queest and Blue lake dec 9-11. Just looking for any info.? We can ride blue lake on Sat with out calling in to the logging trucks is what I'm taking from sled sicamous . I don't have a sled deck just. 8x10 sled trailer.

the connector trail from owls head to blue lake - is this Marked with signage?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at riding queest and Blue lake dec 9-11. Just looking for any info.? We can ride blue lake on Sat with out calling in to the logging trucks is what I'm taking from sled sicamous . I don't have a sled deck just. 8x10 sled trailer.

the connector trail from owls head to blue lake - is this Marked with signage?

Open trailer should be fine this time of year. If you go up Blue Lake you should call km 7 days a week as I have encountered industrial traffic on that road on weekends in the last few weeks. If going in from Owlshead side you are good without a radio. The connector trail is pretty clear but you need to keep an eye out for the sign to the blue lake Cabin as it's not really obvious yet.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Open trailer should be fine this time of year. If you go up Blue Lake you should call km 7 days a week as I have encountered industrial traffic on that road on weekends in the last few weeks. If going in from Owlshead side you are good without a radio. The connector trail is pretty clear but you need to keep an eye out for the sign to the blue lake Cabin as it's not really obvious yet.
Actually the bluelake sign to go up the cut block is gone, someone this summer decided they needed it more

Top Bottom