Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Week days for sure

Week ends not so much, but there's always that chance, like yesterday, dude in a pick up was calling down from 16 km and we meet him at 10 km bridge

sent while drinking tea's

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best to call km 7 days a week, not a lot of pullouts and have encountered loaded traffic the last two weekends I've been up there. BCTS is running a logging program again this winter so still lots of crummy's, mechanics, and lowbeds on weekends. Swore I smelled fresh cedar on the way down yesterday but couldn't hear a buncher so might have been my imagination.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the "Three Stooges" made their way up from Owl's parking lot and to Blue Lake, Big Nasty, SledDawg and myself! We wound up unloading at approx. 14km, you could have done it at 12 but kinda bleak on the snow so why not go a couple extra kms and get into some real snow.
We had a great day! Well, other than Big Nasty tripping me around a corner only 1 km from the truck, put me on my side, now I know why they call him that!! Other than suffering a concussion and a dislocated left shoulder I was finnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee! Good snow on the trail most of the way up, pretty sparse through the tree section just before the Blue Lk Rd, in fact is was dang muddy when we came out! We played off in the trees prior to the cabin, which was totally socked in, vis about 10', if you were lucky. We did find some spots that Tex didn't mess up and there was actually quite a bit of snow in areas, enough to even get stuck, right Nasty!!
We did find one area that was booby trapped (Tex???), it looked like just small snow bumps down a steep hill but when Nasty and I tried to go through it was like mouse traps going off all around us! Dang pongee sticks would spring up outta the snow and mired us both down and we had to break the saw out. That's about the time I caved in the front bumper on my sled but luckily Nasty did the same thing a short time later, what a guy, sympathy pains!
Great day boys, we'll get some repairs done and be ready to rip again, right after this concussion goessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss aaaawwwwaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Who Am I??

Attachments

• 161121a.jpg
    161121a.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 606
  • 161121b.jpg
    161121b.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 596
  • 161121c.jpg
    161121c.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 602

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha tripping you? I was a good 100ft away, but we did want to check the trail conditions out and what better way then from your backside on the first corner. That's a good way to get rid of the summer rust. The snow was good up top but vis was horrible, down low the snow was low and trees and stumps were a plenty. Still a couple good dumps away from really good base.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baaaaaaaa, u guys came down what I went up lol, lots of bad pogo sticks yes

We did leave some yes, can't pound it all up, that would be a d!ck move lol

Reactions: ren

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the "Three Stooges" made their way up from Owl's parking lot and to Blue Lake, Big Nasty, SledDawg and myself! We wound up unloading at approx. 14km, you could have done it at 12 but kinda bleak on the snow so why not go a couple extra kms and get into some real snow.
We had a great day! Well, other than Big Nasty tripping me around a corner only 1 km from the truck, put me on my side, now I know why they call him that!! Other than suffering a concussion and a dislocated left shoulder I was finnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee! Good snow on the trail most of the way up, pretty sparse through the tree section just before the Blue Lk Rd, in fact is was dang muddy when we came out! We played off in the trees prior to the cabin, which was totally socked in, vis about 10', if you were lucky. We did find some spots that Tex didn't mess up and there was actually quite a bit of snow in areas, enough to even get stuck, right Nasty!!
We did find one area that was booby trapped (Tex???), it looked like just small snow bumps down a steep hill but when Nasty and I tried to go through it was like mouse traps going off all around us! Dang pongee sticks would spring up outta the snow and mired us both down and we had to break the saw out. That's about the time I caved in the front bumper on my sled but luckily Nasty did the same thing a short time later, what a guy, sympathy pains!
Great day boys, we'll get some repairs done and be ready to rip again, right after this concussion goessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss aaaawwwwaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Who Am I??
And yes the snow was pretty good eh

Up to a certain point in elevation then got less fast as we found out

Where I took pic, probed 135 cm

powder dreams

Reaction score
Well hopefully you guys didn't rip it all up. We're gunna give it a go tomorrow. Probably just make our way up to the owlhead side and venture across if the visibility is decent.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your going to have big issues to get to owlshead side, major creeks flowing and every where, pretty much impassable kind of thing

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your going to have big issues to get to owlshead side, major creeks flowing and every where, pretty much impassable kind of thing

For anyone who has ever ridden the pipeline from the tin shack to coal, creeks are nothing lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So BN had problems loading up some pics so I volunteered cause that's just the nice kinda guy I am. The one pic I'm doing a track inspection, never know when your missing some lugs, and the other picture is me marking a tree on the trail for the guys behind me, I didn't want them hurting themselves, especially SledDawg and his new Poo!
We spoke to a couple guys who tried to get to Owl's, disaster! They figure they got a km or so from the cabin but were mired in mud and open creeks, not quite ready yet to be conquered. Quite a few sleds up Blue today but luckily the zero vis kept them from some of the unmessed areas that we spotted on our way out, and there is some nice snow left up there and snowing when we left!!

Attachments

• 161121d.jpg
    161121d.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 562
  • 161121e.jpg
    161121e.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 561

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has ever ridden the pipeline from the tin shack to coal, creeks are nothing lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I guess it bad Danny, like large open creeks with sheer banks, and lots of water flowing

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So SledDawg had a couple pics he wanted me to post, would appear he's to shy to come onto the forum to do it himself, old guys are like that! All I request is that no one report BN to Forestry for cutting green tree's and the next time someone see's a old guy stuck on tree's that they'd help him out instead of taking pictures of him! Just saying....................:cool:

Attachments

• 161121f.jpg
    161121f.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 464
  • 161121g.jpg
    161121g.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 463
Top Bottom