Eagle Valley (Sicamous) Updates 2014/15

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did another trip up to Blue, thought things might have changed and although there was a fresh inch of snow, its' getting pretty pounded out. Even the trail is to the point where its getting tough to grab some snow on the side, scratchers made a huge difference for temp on the gauge. I did the ridge from the cabin and over to Brown Pants area, not another sled track to be seen! Beauty day, checked out the 911 area but it still looks pretty "iffy" for doing anything to serious over there. Dropped down to the lake and went across it, one big wet spot in the middle but other than that no water thrown up. Back up past the cabin through the meadows and then lunch in the sunshine! FYI, 20 minutes at 6500 rpm, then 4 pulls at 7500 rpm for 1 minute, machine off for 5 minutes, and the leftover stew came out perfect i the MuffPot, what a meal! Two other sledders headed in just when I was headed out, two more at the Owl's turnoff and 3 more at the 2.5 km parking that were just headed out. A couple of the guys parked in the bottom lot but its still pretty snow scarce on the road, we'll see how the grooming goes this week. I don't think they'll be grooming Blue to soon, that path through the trees is getting pretty lumpy and a skidder tried to go through the clearing when you turn off the logging road, looks pretty ugly in there for shallow logs. Sherm

Attachments

• 141203a.jpg
    141203a.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,938

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a trip up to Owlshead this AM, roundabout trip via Skinny Ridge and past the Stash Cabin. Pretty good conditions other than the flat light, a honest 8-10" of heavy snow which made getting around pretty easy. Lots of creek/gulley/holes around, and I see by the tracks a few sledders found them!

I unloaded at 2km, trucks with no trailers can make it up there but the road is getting pretty slushy, as is the sled trail itself. The sled trail is pretty beat up from the weekend, but no where near as bad as the trail to Owl's cabin, it was brutal, even with the XM! We definitely need a big dump of snow to smooth that mess out, and with rain in the forecast for a few days maybe we'll get it by the weekend.

Oh, the chicken wings came out perfect too! 6000/6500 rpm in the meadows/trees for 30 minutes, then 6 pulls at 7000/7600 rpm, let sit for 5 minutes and voila! Sherm

***After doing up this report I went to the Sicamous site and they're saying that unloading is now at the bottom and not 2km, but that might change with all the rain we're about to get****

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Staging at blue lake parking, or at owls head like last year to get to blue?
Same as last year, at owlshead

Sounds like all year this year tho

Come early as parking gets full fast,

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode from Owls Head parking today no snow left, ice and dirt the bottom 2 km raining up top and trail does not appear to have been groomed since Friday? Brutal......

Last edited:

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they'll have to change the parking to 2km for trucks again, supposed to rain for the next 2-3 days! Was there a good dump of snow up top? Sherm

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was about 6 inches of heavy wet snow up top was sleeting and raining in afternoon and pouring rain at 3pm when we headed down. :(

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sounding to good for the weekend then, more rain on the way supposedly and then cooling off starting Saturday, thanks...Sherm

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Na I'm going tomorrow for a looky ride, make sure my sled is good after last weekend

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys went up today thought I would try |Blue took the connector and when we got through the trail the road was plowed to dirt total waste of time (see photo). Here's what you will find it rained up there and then froze the trail is not groomed and like a skating rink to the top. Went into owls head and over skinny's the snow has settled big time because of the rain, there is a frozen layer over everything with about 3 inches of fresh on top. If you want to drive everywhere it is doable if your a powder soft snow guy don't waste your time.Trail is so icy it wore out a scratcher trails are beat up and I think I need a kidney transplant :) and the machine ran very hot. I'm done till we get 3 feet of snow not worth it.

Attachments

• blue lake.jpg
    blue lake.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 426

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys went up today thought I would try |Blue took the connector and when we got through the trail the road was plowed to dirt total waste of time (see photo). Here's what you will find it rained up there and then froze the trail is not groomed and like a skating rink to the top. Went into owls head and over skinny's the snow has settled big time because of the rain, there is a frozen layer over everything with about 3 inches of fresh on top. If you want to drive everywhere it is doable if your a powder soft snow guy don't waste your time.Trail is so icy it wore out a scratcher trails are beat up and I think I need a kidney transplant :) and the machine ran very hot. I'm done till we get 3 feet of snow not worth it.
So that road must be the bluelake road not owlshead to bluelake

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have logged the side of blue lake road where the trail from owlshead meets the blue lake road and from there have plowed to the dirt to the cut off to blue lake

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have logged the side of blue lake road where the trail from owlshead meets the blue lake road and from there have plowed to the dirt to the cut off to blue lake
I.C

So the trail from owlshead to the Cummings lake -bluelake corner is still good then??

Top Bottom