Eagle Valley / Sicamous Conditions 2019-2020

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was up at the owls cutblocks with Wes there was about 25 cm of fresh on a good base, Was snowing lightly off and on. Met some great guys named Ian,Mike and Dean. Could use a foot or more of snow though.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much snow is on the ground around the Shuswaps right now at lake elevation? Thanks in advance!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then the summer work I have planned will have to wait for two summers. If the snow were sweet, I'd be out a little more but right now the snow sucks. Gotta getter done guys!

Aaron, it is kind of like haying.............
That's a good call Doug.....happy wife and all that....the boss gave me a 5 year deadline on basement development and I procastinated...then I gave up the best part of last summer to beat the deadline. The snow sucks now.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Eagles Saturday I'd say it's halfway to a reset after last Saturdays rain and the rain crust it left. One more storm cycle will really clean things up again.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That's a good call Doug.....happy wife and all that....the boss gave me a 5 year deadline on basement development and I procastinated...then I gave up the best part of last summer to beat the deadline. The snow sucks now.

Right on Bert. The snow is still rideable but it isn't fun. Exploring isn't a challenge on the hero snow. It would be nice to be out in the backcountry but IMHO, I can make better use of my time. I don't like it and would rather be sledding but I have been down this road before and even got the T-shirt!

Snow will come as there is lots of winter remaining and in the meantime, I will also get the basement pretty much done.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Rode Eagles Saturday I'd say it's halfway to a reset after last Saturdays rain and the rain crust it left. One more storm cycle will really clean things up again.
The Weather Network doesn't have a storm cycle in the next 14 days.................I know, I know.... things can change tomorrow and if they are significant changes I can brake myself away and go riding.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can only do so much whining and then finally have to get off me arse and hit the hills. Like fishing or hunting, its not the results but the outing that is important! And one day, if I talk to myself enough in the mirror I might convince myself of that!
Hit Queest today, one of Billdozer's secret spots I hadn't tried yet. The fantastic weather made up for any lack of snow, and there was a lacking, but our group had a great time. Travis and LaraLee along with Sled Ed joined our group, and while we did find the odd spot with a foot of untracked powder, most of the day was more like 6" but, still untracked so sledding was OK!
We tore up all we could find, everyone got some beauty pics, and by 1300 fatigue was setting in and we all started making mistakes, one after the other!l Several Billdozer Barrel Rolls, of which LaraLee tried her hand at, a few trees hit and lots of backing up, the 175" is great for that. Fantastic day folks, great to meet you, safe trip back to Edmonton! I'm not sure if its been mentioned recently, we need a huge dump of snow!

Attachments

• 200210a.jpg
    200210a.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 353
  • 200210b.jpg
    200210b.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 346
  • 200210c.jpg
    200210c.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 358
  • 200210d.jpg
    200210d.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 341
  • 200210e.jpg
    200210e.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 346

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Weather Network doesn't have a storm cycle in the next 14 days.................I know, I know.... things can change tomorrow and if they are significant changes I can brake myself away and go riding.

Fair amount of snow in the 7 day forecast!

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yikes might get to tie my boat up to the deck this spring!!! ...really missing the Shuswap hopefully make it out soon. Thanks for the great updates everyone

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30cm by saturday if you're willing to go a little further east than your usual haunts.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was up at the owls cutblocks with Wes there was about 25 cm of fresh on a good base, Was snowing lightly off and on. Met some great guys named Ian,Mike and Dean. Could use a foot or more of snow though.

Unfortunately I found out dean had to be airlifted to Vernon after we split up

Top Bottom