E-tech xm maintenance?

Reaction score
I bought a 13 xm 800 etech in October that now has 136hrs on the clock. Only ever pulls 7500rpm. I haven't had a lot of luck finding what needs to be done. Sled runs fine but should a guy be replacing plugs? Top end? Clutch work? I don't think previous owner did anything but the sled runs perfect minus the rpm issue which didn't hurt my feelings buying it used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will for sure need clutch work which is probably where your low rpm issue is arising. Pull the primary apart and check for wear it will likely need a new spring, new rollers, new sliding sheave bushing and new governor cup. also make sure the arms move freely. They probably need to be cleaned on the axle end. Check secondary for worn rollers and spring.

How many km and what are your clickers at?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^
This and inspect chain case and change fuel filter.
No plugs needed if running good.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dirty RAVE valves, TRA clutch clicker settings, and plugs. Try all the inexpensive simple maintenance stuff first unless you have a lot of miles. At which point you probably will need the clutches serviced.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As said above plus check belt tension and every click up gives you 150-200rpms if all else is set up good,

Top Bottom