e-tec oil usage

Hitchguy

Reaction score
Well put on some hard miles in the powder today sled used 35 liters of fuel and exactly 1 quart (950 ml) of oil in 95km. 35-1 isn't that still kinda rich for a machine that is supposed to sip the oil?? sled has 700 km on it now. Just wondering what all you other guys out there are using? Going for a ride down the Iron horse today so we will see if it improves.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? I MAYBE use a quart of oil for 4 tanks of fuel. Used a lot more when i was still breaking it in, but not that it has over 1000 km on it, its working great.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use just under a quarter oil per tank of fuel and usually ride 80-100 km's a trip you musy have been riding some deep deep snow to use that much fuel! I put on 104 km's at silent and used 25 liters

Hitchguy

Reaction score
was pushing snow all day for that. we rode 170 km's and it took 36 liters of fuel and looked like it used about a liter since i didn't fill it up. looking at the oil usage after the days 370 km round trip on the trails it used just over 1/2 tank of oil so i think that is pretty good. sled has just over 1000 km on it now :d

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
I'm burning just under a HALF TANK of OIL for just over a half tank of gas... My dealer is telling me it's just the break in period... What do you guys think? Besides that I need a new dealer.

Top Bottom