e-start confusion

660canuck

Reaction score
I am having a hard time figuring out what starter/ring gear combination I need for my sled. My sled is a 2007 Summit 800r Adrenaline. I put the updated shortblock from BRP last season. I purchased a used e-start off a guy on Doo Talk, he says it came out of his 2007 Summit XRS. I wired it up, starter bolted in just fine but it didn't mate up with the ring gear. I thought maybe the previous owner might have swapped clutches and the ring gear was wrong. Got an offer from Nielsy to trade for the right one, but it turns out it is the correct ring gear. Nielsy sent me home with what should be the correct starter for an 07. After comparing it with the one in my sled they are identical. So now I am wondering if I need a different starter to match up to the updated motor? I am stumped, any ideas?

I also want to say a big thanks to Nielsy for his help, and for sending a total stranger home with a brand new starter to try, no questions asked.

Here are a couple pics of the bendix/ring gear
IMG_6964.jpg IMG_3181.jpg

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
missing a spacer ???? i think he would have to take a spacer out between the starter and the engine, i have a 07 adrenaline but no starter sorry cant help you

i believe your missing a spacer

Top Bottom