Dynamo Joe Clutch kit on '10XP

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to Fernie last weekend and was having clutch "issues" with my sled. Decided I better take it in since I'm not to handy at fixing stuff in my garage let alone on the side of a mountain. As it turns out the dealer said I need new rollers, ramps, slider shoes, etc. I decided why spend a bunch a money to make it stock. This could be an oportunity to make it bad ass for a little more $. Turned out to be alot more $$$. But that's fine, just wondering if I'm going to notice a signifigant difference from stock when I go back to Fernie on the 15th.

I knew the stock '08/'09 clutching was bad, but always thought my sled was pretty good. That being said I would loose some RPM on a good pull in the deep.

Just looking for anyones thoughts on this kit when installed on a 2010 Summit XP. Reviews online seemed decent but most were for the '08 and '09 years.

Thanks

Last edited:

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you still do the rebuild parts? The DJ kit wouldn't address the wear parts so hopefully you still did the rebuild. I just went through this...all my wear parts were done (especially the bushings and ramps were worn too) and was blowing belts so i rebuilt the primary, floated the secondary and geared down. The DJ kit worked good on my 08 but i can't speak to the 10.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got one on a 2011 and seems good. Very responsive

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet, did the full rebuild on all the worn parts. Looking forward to seeing if there is much difference.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A clutch tower brace really helped with my clutch issues on my 09 XP. It helped hold rpm !

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just get a hold of joe. I think it's mxzrevzone. He will steer you in the right direction. replace those stupid bolt's in your secondary ! Hi-Tourque as my one went south and destroyed both primary and secondary ! Joe know's his stuff. I have personally met him a few times. Check out his clutching 101 on his site, Dynam joe. Explains everything and if you can't doo it a dealer can.

Top Bottom